anybody tried one of these

harleymike

Super Active Member
Anyone know anything about these. Seems priced right. Was thinking for some eratic water movment in my tank
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jebao-WP-25-WP25-aquarium-Wave-maker-powerhead-Water-Pump-controller-Wavemaker-/111154347325?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item19e150bd3d

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
i believe several members have this one,
i have 2 of the one up versions the wp40's, great pumps!

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I have a wp-40 mike, feel free to come check it out before you make the purchase, they are cheaper on fish-street.com also

harleymike

Super Active Member
Duke link said:
I have a wp-40 mike, feel free to come check it out before you make the purchase, they are cheaper on fish-street.com also

I will stop by sometime and check it out. I was just looking too get some random flows going.
They seem very reasonably priced.
Thanks for all the help everyone.
Mike

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
harleymike link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=6721.msg66719#msg66719 date=1383510068]

I will stop by sometime and check it out. I was just looking too get some random flows going.
They seem very reasonably priced.
Thanks for all the help everyone.
Mike
[/quote]

yup some good modes like the ecotech pumps just 1/5th the price and 1/8th the noise.. cant beat that.

harleymike

Super Active Member
I see they sell a replacement sensor right when you order it at the site link added. Any issues with the sensors you know about.
I guese for a dollar might as well order one.
They also sell a dosing pump for 140 bucks. Any thaoughts on those.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
yup not using the sensor either, I have it on my light timer, it shuts off when the lights go off. I have the one plus a spare tho.

harleymike

Super Active Member
Duke link said:
yup not using the sensor either, I have it on my light timer, it shuts off when the lights go off. I have the one plus a spare tho.
So it starts up in the moring and remembers which setting you had it on. It doesnt need too be set up again.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
yes it restarts at the last settings it was running at when it gets unplugged or shut off

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Not to be a Debbie downer, but does anyone know if these have been legitimately certified by health Canada to be safe to use and within Canada's electrical code?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
unibob link said:
Not to be a Debbie downer, but does anyone know if these have been legitimately certified by health Canada to be safe to use and within Canada's electrical code?

health canada? they are UL and CE approved and from my understanding since they are DC and under 100w they dont even need to be to be ok'd for use.