Bruins Vs Leafs Round 1... Thoughts?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Everything relies on Andersen. If he can be beat, the leafs are in trouble. They have some front end power (matthews, marner, and jvr when he's trying to get a good contract), and better D than they've had in years, but that rock solid goalie has been the jewel of the team. Bruins have played like crap the past few games, but they have a lot of depth, probably 3.5 solid lines. It will come down to finding Andersens weak spot, and Rask stopping a few more pucks than he has lately. At this point Anderson is a better goaltender than Rask, but Rask's backup has been solid, where mchilleeeney (sp) looks like he could be easily shaken in the games I've seen him in.

The bruins have had an extremely irritating habit of allowing huge leads in the 1st, and then doing the come-from-behind wins (that they perfected in that awesome game 7). I'm not sure how long that tactic can last in playoff hockey.

Still, I hate the leafs almost as much as I hate the habs, so I hope them nothing but horrible luck. They are finally a good team (with a few exceptions), so they should do fairly well in the playoffs. Who will win? I really can't say at this point, but they will be fun games to watch, win or lose.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Boston in 6

I'd really like to say my leafs will win but the still don't have great D. Boston has dealt with injuries all season long and still had a monster of a season. I wouldn't be surprised to hear they lost on purpose in florida to play the leafs because it is a better match up then New Jersey is.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
That is why spring isnt hear yet. Mother nature just thinks her calendar is wrong as there is no way the Leafs would be playing still, so it must still be winter.
ive said this more than a few times hahah.
and eat dirt @Salty Cracker, your long winded empty hockey critique is fooling no one. Leafs in 7 just for poetic justice. 6 pack of Guinness on the winner?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I hear they're letting lupal play in the post season to justify his salary. They're hoping to pick up a few more ex montreal players, because you know, motreal did so well this year. Same old laffs.

(I may be long winded, but I'm usually right, leafs never change)

Luke.

Distinguished Member
They way I look at it (I’m a die hard leafs fan) but I just love the sport hockeys just great I want the cup back in Canada for a change . I’ll give any team credit there is no bad team in the nhl.. every home town has great hockey player but it’s so damn hard to make the nhl that everyone who’s in it has great hockey stills , it boils down to the connection between the player , I hate brad marchen with a passion .. but I’d be lying if I said he wasn’t a good hockey player .. the leafs game Boston a run for their money in 2013.. yes they lost .. but for a group of guys they never had much play off experience compared to the Bruins .

All I have to say not much has changed in Boston since then (few players here and there) but the core and main guys are still the same , all I have to say is the leafs haven’t looked this good since the 90’s and if Boston struggled with the leafs horrible non depth team in 2013 with a goalie who was ok, I feel like they have another thing comming this time around and anyone who knows hockey will agree , if not well you don’t know hockey or care for follow the leage and players Toronto has more depth in 2 lines then some teams have in 4 . All I have to say is it’ll be a good series and good luck to everyone’s team . This is the best time of the year !