Bruins Vs Leafs Round 1... Thoughts?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I do have to disagree...the Bruins have changed a LOT since 2013. They changed GM and Head coach, let go some players, picked up a lot of young players...I mean except for a few core players, it is an entirely different team. The leafs simply paid a crapload of money to wooo a good coach away from a sinking ship and tanked a season on purpose to win the Mathews award.

Not saying they're not more complete than they have been in years...they didn't buy a trick pony or two to get them into the playoffs (just to fizzle out), but they're not the second coming of christ that everyone (leaf fans) seems to think they are.

Lastly, sure they gave the bruins a run for their money a few years ago....................BUT............then there was this:

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Stupid sportsnet had to go and show the game from 2013 last night. Like yeah that's really going to do something to help the leafs chances. Again I'll still say Boston in 6 but I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Stupid sportsnet had to go and show the game from 2013 last night. Like yeah that's really going to do something to help the leafs chances. Again I'll still say Boston in 6 but I hope I'm wrong.

What's funny is it only took one email to SN to have them play it.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
They way I look at it (I’m a die hard leafs fan) but I just love the sport hockeys just great I want the cup back in Canada for a change . I’ll give any team credit there is no bad team in the nhl.. every home town has great hockey player but it’s so damn hard to make the nhl that everyone who’s in it has great hockey stills , it boils down to the connection between the player , I hate brad marchen with a passion .. but I’d be lying if I said he wasn’t a good hockey player .. the leafs game Boston a run for their money in 2013.. yes they lost .. but for a group of guys they never had much play off experience compared to the Bruins .

All I have to say not much has changed in Boston since then (few players here and there) but the core and main guys are still the same , all I have to say is the leafs haven’t looked this good since the 90’s and if Boston struggled with the leafs horrible non depth team in 2013 with a goalie who was ok, I feel like they have another thing comming this time around and anyone who knows hockey will agree , if not well you don’t know hockey or care for follow the leage and players Toronto has more depth in 2 lines then some teams have in 4 . All I have to say is it’ll be a good series and good luck to everyone’s team . This is the best time of the year !
The leafs have 5 players still on their team from that year and Boston has 7. That's fairly close to even.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Game night! So will there be a big Fragtank get together for you London reefers to watch the game at a Bar ?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Kadri can burn in hell. Hope they give him 2 games on the headshot and 5 on the knee shot. What a fucking goof. Him and rinaldo, both should be playing in a prison league somewhere.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
2 more games in this series. If bruins smoke the laffs this bad for the next two games the nhl has said they will give the leafs a pity removal, and exclude them from having to play game 4.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I must admit that was a terrible showing from the boys in blue.
I cant even defend kadri on that one, he needs to keep his emotions in check.

Marchands sexual assault on komorav though (anyone who didnt watch, he LICKED his neck) .... maybe kadris discipline action would be spending an hour in the steam room with marchand... that would be worse then a whole season suspension XD .

we didnt blow you out all season for no reason. We will go to 7 games, like i said :)

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Komorav needs to put icy hot on his neck for next game, Marchands an idiot and Kadri's hit was bad. The Bruins got under there skin and in their heads. Im sure they'll win one at home.

Remember the Leafs are still rebuilding and just because they're over achieving early in the rebuild doesn't mean that they'll win the cup this year.

Leafs fans tend to be all or nothing

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Komorav needs to put icy hot on his neck for next game, Marchands an idiot and Kadri's hit was bad. The Bruins got under there skin and in their heads. Im sure they'll win one at home.

Remember the Leafs are still rebuilding and just because they're over achieving early in the rebuild doesn't mean that they'll win the cup this year.

Leafs fans tend to be all or nothing

Still doing better then the oils lol

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Marchand is marchand. Licking a neck isn't really equal to trying to kill a man. Kadri did 2 hits on Wingels, and threw a hissy fit in the box after getting caught on the first hit, so he'll get 2 games. I don't know as if they will do anything about the knee, it's just more proof of his intent to injure. Too bad he'll be gone, he was working great for the Bruins last night, attempted murder aside.

Plus, he *did* say he finds komorov cute.:p:eek: