cloudy water

Status
Not open for further replies.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
There are so many "smartcycle" websites and subsites. Can you send link for the manufacturer website in pm?

R

reeffreak

pulpfiction1 link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=3632.msg31205#msg31205 date=1353721611]
[quote author=Duke link=topic=3632.msg31193#msg31193 date=1353717842]
i doubt there is bacteria in that stuff if it doesn't have a expiry date and doesn't need to be kept refrigerated, most likely its either adding nutrients like nitrates, or its just ammonia, either way your cycle still isn't going to happen overnight, part of your tank cycling is growth of the \"real\" bacteria that your tank needs to keep everything in check and adding some bottle of stuff wont do anything to help that happen any faster, At least that's my opinion.

+1 i dont think so either
[/quote]

less than half the time? 24-48 hours done,and this new product is starting to take off,like pellets with all the old school skeptics,even pellets have taken a few of years to get to the acceptance it has,i think you were right with you first post on this topic,
reeffreak link said:
Ya it's the pellets doing that
[/quote]

Pellets never claimed to do some magic
Cycle in 24 hours and yes I believe it would have been the pellets why there is cloudy water I don't really get your point on that , care to explain why you were getting at ? Also I think duke just  hit the nail on the head ... What proof is there u can put LR sand and saltwater in a tank pour in a bottle of this and have a thriving tank 24 hours later and fill it with fish, sounds like a recipe for disaster and sending out the wrong message to people gettin I the hobby

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Duke link said:
[quote author=Brandon link=topic=3632.msg31232#msg31232 date=1353765958]
If everyone is scared to try a new approach, why are we in the hobby?? I appreciate all the feedback but I think pulp is right, it's something relatively new and it's going to receive alot of hate until it is proven to people. So, why doesn't everyone that doubts it, buy a couple bottles off Phil, it's cheap... And do you own little experiment.

Its not new.. all the info and data on the site is from 2004... you think it would have caught on by now wouldn't it?
[/quote]

I'm using it aren't I? I say it works, I have proof, my tanks, Phil's tanks, .. You say it doesn't .... You have no proof.... The only thing you have are theory's and sketchy ones at that...
I don't see why we are still having this conversation....

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
jerry_doucette link said:
There are so many \"smartcycle\" websites and subsites. Can you send link for the manufacturer website in pm?

pulp posted all the links above.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
reeffreak link said:
[quote author=pulpfiction1 link=topic=3632.msg31227#msg31227 date=1353764662]
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=3632.msg31205#msg31205 date=1353721611]
[quote author=Duke link=topic=3632.msg31193#msg31193 date=1353717842]
i doubt there is bacteria in that stuff if it doesn't have a expiry date and doesn't need to be kept refrigerated, most likely its either adding nutrients like nitrates, or its just ammonia, either way your cycle still isn't going to happen overnight, part of your tank cycling is growth of the \"real\" bacteria that your tank needs to keep everything in check and adding some bottle of stuff wont do anything to help that happen any faster, At least that's my opinion.

+1 i dont think so either
[/quote]

less than half the time? 24-48 hours done,and this new product is starting to take off,like pellets with all the old school skeptics,even pellets have taken a few of years to get to the acceptance it has,i think you were right with you first post on this topic,
reeffreak link said:
Ya it's the pellets doing that
[/quote]

Pellets never claimed to do some magic
Cycle in 24 hours and yes I believe it would have been the pellets why there is cloudy water I don't really get your point on that , care to explain why you were getting at ? Also I think duke just  hit the nail on the head ... What proof is there u can put LR sand and saltwater in a tank pour in a bottle of this and have a thriving tank 24 hours later and fill it with fish, sounds like a recipe for disaster and sending out the wrong message to people gettin I the hobby
[/quote]

Honestly???? We've both used it!!!! It worked..... That's your proof...
If you doubt it buy a damn bottle or two and try it....

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Ok. im done. was only trying to look out for you. ill leave it at your tank is cloudy from pellets.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
All you've proven is it didn't work for you, and it didn't cycle your tank properly..

jerry_doucette link said:
Ok. im done. was only trying to look out for you. ill leave it at your tank is cloudy from pellets.

+1, ill stop offering my advice and do what everyone else seems to do  ;D ;D

R

reeffreak

I'm just wondering why all the issues then if it works  so great .
? I'll leave this thread with that question don't bother answering it, I wont come back to read it.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
im sorry...I gotta stick my nose in this.  Brandon, you have to understand where these people are coming from.  I mean, your first post shows that you had .5 ammonia....How long was your tank running at this point?  If you have .5 ammonia, you are either going thru a cycle, or you pissed in your tank. Assuming you didnt piss in your tank...i cant help but think, your bacterial additive didnt work.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I am going to also agree with the other guys.  The only proof I have read in this thread is

1. You tank is cloudy.
2. Phosphate are through the roof (although your test kit is inappropriate)
3. Your are measuring ammonia

These are all signs that tell you something isn't right with your system.  Is it the pellets? Is it your magical cycle cure? A combination of both?

Basically you have proved to yourself that something didn't work and since you have measurable ammonia I am going to go with the "Magic Cycle" or whatever that product is called didn't work.

Cloudy water from the pellets... definitely a possibility.  Measurable ammonia due to not letting the tank cycle..proven. (and it's proven because you have ammonia)...or you peed in your tank ;)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I'm going to have to say I think the ammonia 0.5 was a mis test....
I've tested it 5 times in the past 24 hours and the first time it was 0.0, second was 0.5, this is when I posted, 3rd was 0.0 4th 0, 5th zero and I'm testing again right now for the 6th time and it's zero again...

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
pulpfiction1 link said:
the problem is if you know nothing about the product you sure have lots to say about it,ive done dozens of tanks with this macro bacteria,not one issue,like bio pellets and other doses like vodka,most run those treatments down as well,Brandon like i said wait it out,you probably added the pellets to soon and too much at once,the bacteria is very strong and works 100%,no matter what others will say,you have used it before.furthermore,if there is proof this product doesnt do what i state,post it here,and i mean actual proof,not hear-say ,like i said,there was so much crap about pellets in the start of them,now almost everyone uses them.

http://www.facebook.com/startsmartcomplete

http://ultraclear.com/ucssca.html

http://www.organicsciencesllc.com/docs/testimonials_startsmart.pdf

http://www.aquariumsupplies.ca/saltwater-startsmart-complete-p-5992.html

http://www.startsmart-testimonials.com/startsmartcomplete.html

show me some proof that it actually works.. all I see is a bunch of marketing to make people believe it works.. every post by real people on any forum about the stuff says it doesn't work..

"I added Startsmart to my reef tank when it was new and killed everything in my tank and when I got some on my skin, it actually burned my finger off.." - Johnny Apple, New York

"I used Startsmart to instantly cycle my tank.. and it didn't do shit" - Oliver Klozoff, Springfield

"Whatever you do don't add StartSmart to your tank, it will destroy it" -  Hugh Jass, Detroit

R

reeffreak

fact of the matter is , its not legit its almost impossible to cycle a tank in 24 hours with a bottle of probably half water, i would tell you it works great too if i had boxes full of it to sell.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Brendon,

If I was you I would take about 10 steps back and start all over.  Use the methodologies that work, and follow the advice people give you.

The people that are trying to help you have no vested interest in this, other then to offer there help based on tried, tested and true knowledge.... not snake oils (YES IT IS A SNAKE OIL).

J

jones02

reeffreak link said:
fact of the matter is , its not legit its almost impossible to cycle a tank in 24 hours with a bottle of probably half water, i would tell you it works great too if i had boxes full of it to sell.

This stuff is great! 6.99 a bottle or 2 for 10 limit time only pick up at my place, 500 bottles left! Lmao no but for real, nothing beats the good old way of time. If you havnt read anything on 99.9% on every reefer forum this hobby takes time. If you rush, u crash and burn. Now that you rush look where it put u? Worried that your tank is doing very poorly. Let nature take its time and it will all be good inn a few weeks.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I used a whole bunch in the 75 I set up. Didn't kill anything and did not get any ammonia spike afaik

R

reeffreak

were talking 150 gallons of water with a 100lbs of rock or whatever is in it just set up with new sand hopefully that came from an owner who obviously neglected the tank with dieing fish and never did anything about it so i could just guess how the rock was, set back up and fish added back into ... 75 gallons of water ( which u can throw fish into 24 hours after you mixed up a fresh batch ) with a few rocks and 2 fish, wouldnt cycle like what is stated above .. major and minor 

Status
Not open for further replies.