Fish For Simple Setup

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
What sort or maintaince do you do on the canister filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Just switched to it about a month ago. In the past have rinsed out contents in tank water during water change every couple months. Running matrix (from previous filter) and carbon pad at the moment.

BigReefer

Super Active Member
you might of saved money ,... by getting a ro unit instead of replacing all the fish just a thought

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Just switched to it about a month ago. In the past have rinsed out contents in tank water during water change every couple months. Running matrix (from previous filter) and carbon pad at the moment.

I would get someone else by to check your parameters. What test kits you use?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Used the last of my api tests today. Think I have some seachem tests kicking around somewhere. Daughter just went to bed, so can't get to tank til tomorrow.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I've got a couple in there. Strangely, it seems to only grow on the fake plants.

heath

Distinguished Member
depending on the type of fake plants could that maybe part of the issue.. is it leaching anything..

heath

Distinguished Member
but that is the only thing that is different, correct...what does " IIRC " me...I have to get up to speed here...lol..

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
but that is the only thing that is different, correct...what does " IIRC " me...I have to get up to speed here...lol..
No, the fake plants have been in there since day 1.
IIRC = if i recall correctly :)

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Well, bad news. Seems the tank will be shrimp/snail/mushroom tank for the foreseeable future. Sitting on bottom, breathing heavy
ebfbd813916bc5c992907197b6787f11.jpg

What does it have?

heath

Distinguished Member
holy shit, he looks awful...do you have a qt to move him to... hopefully someone will know what it is and what to do...