Flame Bubble Tip Annenome

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Nems can be moody bastards. I've found they don't like sudden changes of light or flow. I wouldn't be surprised if it's back to normal tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jondevans93

I will post a pic of him in a hour or so for an update it seems like quite a few people are actively following along which is cool :)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

jondevans93

9807d27c92b65d989fc79f5aa04e1b3f.jpg

Plumping back up

Did some paramater checks though
da84d2d55c35927d0486d526ce7e4c33.jpg

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 5ppm
Phosphate 0.5-1ppm

Phosphate looks to have risen in last couple days... possibly due to me broadcast feeding reef roid and brine yestersay (my own laziness didnt remove the water brine was frozen in this time)

Feel like this was caused by my actions

Luke.

Distinguished Member
IMG_1679.JPG

Those are my flame anemones I have 3 use to be one but the big one split twice , it's probably 9-10" in size and at night/the morning and 1st hour of lights they are the size of a kids fist lol it's very normal for anemones to suck in water and let it out, they do strange things sometimes I think they will die (but a lot of the tomes when they look like that they are trying to poop )

jondevans93

View attachment 11805

Those are my flame anemones I have 3 use to be one but the big one split twice , it's probably 9-10" in size and at night/the morning and 1st hour of lights they are the size of a kids fist lol it's very normal for anemones to suck in water and let it out, they do strange things sometimes I think they will die (but a lot of the tomes when they look like that they are trying to poop )
Lol fair enough. Hes huge again now and just fed him a dime size piece of shrimp think it was something like deviened shrimp its a large one anyway 4 bucks for one lol seems happy with it he ate it quick.. but my damn cleaner shrimp tries to steal it and bugs the crap out of it

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Lol fair enough. Hes huge again now and just fed him a dime size piece of shrimp think it was something like deviened shrimp its a large one anyway 4 bucks for one lol seems happy with it he ate it quick.. but my damn cleaner shrimp tries to steal it and bugs the crap out of it

I fight my shrimp off with a turkey baster until the nem has pulled it in....lol

jondevans93

I fight my shrimp off with a turkey baster until the nem has pulled it in....lol
Aha i did that hes shrubkeb down a bit now but tentacles are still nice and puffy. Is this what happens after feeding a good dinner? First time hes had big piece

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Aha i did that hes shrubkeb down a bit now but tentacles are still nice and puffy. Is this what happens after feeding a good dinner? First time hes had big piece

They will distort ... sometimes swell up... nems do all kinds of weird shit...lol

jondevans93

They will distort ... sometimes swell up... nems do all kinds of weird shit...lol
Hmm woke up this morning in time to watch him regurgitate his dinner. Shrimp piece was about a dime size.. for an anenome about 6 or 7inch across when hes happy. Did this just mean it was to much for him? Perhaps needs half a dime size or smaller?

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Hmm woke up this morning in time to watch him regurgitate his dinner. Shrimp piece was about a dime size.. for an anenome about 6 or 7inch across when hes happy. Did this just mean it was to much for him? Perhaps needs half a dime size or smaller?

I've never actually had that happen... maybe somone else can shed some light on this.

jondevans93

View attachment 11805

Looking at your pic beauty tank btw. I only see the 1 nem are they all clustered togother?

Canadianeh

I tried to feed mine with Eheim feeding tool and that thing is so hard to control.

What do you guys use to feed nem that easy to control and long enough to not get your hand in water?

jondevans93

I tried to feed mine with Eheim feeding tool and that thing is so hard to control.

What do you guys use to feed nem that easy to control and long enough to not get your hand in water?
I used a turkey bastor. Just created the suction on the piece of shrimp and dropped it near my nem he grabbed it and did the rest. Then you have a sword fight with the asshole cleaner shrimp

Canadianeh

I used a turkey bastor. Just created the suction on the piece of shrimp and dropped it near my nem he grabbed it and did the rest. Then you have a sword fight with the asshole cleaner shrimp

So you don't actually have it drop it precisely on his mouth on the centre??
I tried to put it on his mouth and he closed up and didn't take the piece of squid ring. I wonder if they eat squid rings too, or just shrimp.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Looking at your pic beauty tank btw. I only see the 1 nem are they all clustered togother?

Thanks yeah it's hard to see them unless the light turns off
Yeah other 2 are hiding behind the massive one lol

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate

I do the same with the turkey baster... easy to control... if the piece floats off you can just suck it back up and place it back

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
That means you really need really long turkey baster to keep your hands out of water
As long as you have cleaned your hands appropriately you can stick your hands in the water from time to time. ..