Flame Bubble Tip Annenome

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I've limited knowledge of anemones. But i had one that looked like that and the issue I believe was I was over feeding it. If they have to large of a meal it seems to take a lot out of them and they shrivel up and kind of turn inside out. Working on digesting the meal. After that incident I stopped spot feeding them.

I think the crab is eating a dying anemone

jondevans93

Well i only feed it once a week and a tiny tiny piece of shrimp. I reckon the crabs been trying to eat him at night. Weird thing is the tentacles usuallt puff up a little more at night and i think its getting better then by daytime it looks worse.... the foot is still on 2 different pieces of rock so part of me thinks its splitting and its taking a long time to do it.. ps i have no fed this anenome since i noticed it looking abnormal

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

jondevans93

a244116b80ac39815de01bac0b95b548.jpg

cedd822c0236992b0cdf8f4be3681845.jpg

5d7dec7f46ee5519a217b0b51c3e47dd.jpg

Maybe these photos show better why i think its splitting still.

Low flow now and less intensity on lights

jondevans93

71af9d04c5eec84c710cbddfee088d6d.jpg

Tentacles puffed up last night before lights out and there was movement from him closing up and he has moved a few inches in the last day so he is kicking.

Water params as of 2 days ago were

Using api test kit

0 ammonia
0 nitrite
5-10 nitrate
0 phosphates
8 ph

9 dkh
1.025 sg
76f for temp and steady no fluctuations in salt or temp

Cant afford magnesium test kit just yet but i use ment marine salt which states 1150 to 1250

jondevans93

Havnt fed in over a week almost 2... i broadcast feed the tank pellet or flake maybe it catches some..i notice he looks better at the end of night i did lower intensity more nothing is over 20% so not sure why he only looks better later in the evening.

Anyway ive come home again today to him looking sad and droopy and smaller than the last photo i posted still has same pinch point between foot and its oral disk... i hope its just a long process of splitting and thats why it looks terrible... can anenomes take a long time to split and look like crap while doing it

Im running out of ideas as to why hes looking bad after looking so good as well as everything else being good in the tank i dont think theres anymore research or reading i can do

jondevans93

I'd stop feeding him until he begins to look better

Sony Xperia Z3
Eric with the ai could i use higher red and some blue to help with him getting any energy he needs during this time from the lights... dont care how the tank visually looks i just want a healthy nem again
71af9d04c5eec84c710cbddfee088d6d.jpg

Tentacles puffed up last night before lights out and there was movement from him closing up and he has moved a few inches in the last day so he is kicking.

Water params as of 2 days ago were

Using api test kit

0 ammonia
0 nitrite
5-10 nitrate
0 phosphates
8 ph

9 dkh
1.025 sg
76f for temp and steady no fluctuations in salt or temp

Cant afford magnesium test kit just yet but i use ment marine salt which states 1150 to 1250

jondevans93

Don't start adjusting the lights. Leave them the same. Adjusting now will only stress it out more

Sony Xperia Z3
Ok wont touch them anymore i was just worried maybe it was to much still since it looked better at the end of the cycle

jondevans93

Checked ph again and its 7.8

Ps. I just smelled the shrimp in the freezer it smells a little off... this was the last thing i fed it while it was looking good..... so my question is maybe the shrimp was bad and what would be the protocol if this was the case

jondevans93

Hey everyone update:

Sad to say its dead it completly melted to pieces with it stomach hanging on the rocks and its tentacles had brown pouring out of them...

Honestly dont know what happened today but it was his last its been remo dd so that my fish will survive and had a water change.. will not give up will try again once water is healthy again and im more prepared. Sad day

Canadianeh

Hey everyone update:

Sad to say its dead it completly melted to pieces with it stomach hanging on the rocks and its tentacles had brown pouring out of them...

Honestly dont know what happened today but it was his last its been remo dd so that my fish will survive and had a water change.. will not give up will try again once water is healthy again and im more prepared. Sad day

So sorry to hear that man. Don't give up and try again in the future. How old was your tank when you added the nem?

jondevans93

So sorry to hear that man. Don't give up and try again in the future. How old was your tank when you added the nem?
The 20gallon was set up in the begining of october last year... i used all rocks sand and water from my old 10 gallon that was a year old.

I think i was misinformed about the age of my tank and it wasnt as mature i thought it was

Canadianeh

The 20gallon was set up in the begining of october last year... i used all rocks sand and water from my old 10 gallon that was a year old.

I think i was misinformed about the age of my tank and it wasnt as mature i thought it was

I set up my tank using dry rock october 27 last year. Don't give up and try again :)

Janice

We have 3 news in our tank, and one of them was put in within about 5 weeks of us starting our tank due to our lack of knowledge at the time. However, it has thrived and grown like crazy. So I a not sure the age of your tank was the issue. Very strange, the whole demise.