Group LED buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
TIme to start a DIY LED HELP thread.  Maybe we shoudl be in touch with an insurance agent :)

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Did a DIY build for rjjs today. Ordered a 36 led kit for his hex tank. I think I did an amazing job on it I must say. Hopefully he posts pictures. Very clean and organized.

P

phi delt reefer

Krazykarl link said:
Did a DIY build for rjjs today. Ordered a 36 led kit for his hex tank. I think I did an amazing job on it I must say. Hopefully he posts pictures. Very clean and organized.

i will be the unofficial judge of that.... :D stop building other lights and get your store running already!

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Lol yes but we used a heat sink this time. Very clean, organized and compact. I am happy, he sent me pictures of it on his tank. It looks awesome at 1/4 the voltage. If I could post pics directly from my iPhone I would I have the whole build on here but I can't. I asked him to post pics and overall satisfaction.

Vince-

As you are familiar with legAlities things got put on hold.  Ive met with my lawyer and made it completely legit and legal. Things are a little slow having to fork out 4 grand for my dog after getting hit by a truck. Kinda put a damper on my wallet.  Website is being built that's all I can say! ;)! Look for windsor marine and reef in the new year I promise.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
lol right on.

By chance does anyone have a geiger counter? ......I noticed earlier today, our package was damn close to fukushima Japan....this could be a conspiricy to radiate all us western fish keeping folks!

phatpaco

Torx link said:
Is that why my fingers tingle when I opened my delivery?
All that matters is that we have LED's...Glowing or not. Being from Sarnia glowing in the norm....
Is anyone else tracking our LED's every 10-15 seconds like I am? It's like watching Santa's whereabouts with my kid at xmas time...Come on Santa!!!! I mean Fedex!!!!

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Looking forward to seeing everyone's build threads and how the LEDs work on your tank.  After doing two builds now with then and finally getting a chance to see how the whites look on a tank I wanna take the dive.  I am a bit skeptical still.  Not sure how large everyone's tanks are but after doing rjjs 36 build for his hex and holding them over the 90 gallon lOng frag tank even at 12" above water, I would need about 180+ LEDs to illuminate it adequately I think.  I drove all 36 LEDs to maximum and it wasn't that bright. If I do switch over to LEDs for my display tank (6'er) I definitely going to have to go with 200 LEDs. And for those wondering, I feel a 2:1 ratio of rb to white is a great color. Anyway, I can't wait to see the builds guys...

phatpaco

Blob-79 link said:
Our LED's are in Buffalo now..thats only a few hours from my house :)
I have been checking the tracker every hour....Is there a plan for pick up yet? I wanna take the next day off work to assemble and play!!!! SO EXCITED!!! At full chub on still....afraid of when I actually pick them up!!! ILMAO!!!! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.