Ian's Im Sr60 Family Tank Build ( Formerly Known As The Peninsula In Wall Build Lol)

reefdiver

Website Affiliate
Website
www.sustainablemarinecanada.ca
So hear goes.
It's finally time.
I am going to start the reno on the basement on our new house. I have decided on either a 180 or 220 gal.
I plan to create a Caribbean Biotope. I love diving so I wanted to bring this islands home.

I am planning to build it next to the current doorway and create a view from the reckroom
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

and new hallway.
I want to take to door out. I will put the tank on the living area side and build it in. What I had hoped is to make 3 sides visible.
The first thing I have to do is figure out the support for the wall opening. I believe this is a bearing wall.
If anyone can offer guidance to ensure I do that right and don't cave in the house, that would be appreciated.

We are also about to build a IM SR60 upstairs for my wife and kids. lol They want their "Nemo" back.

Zombiex

You are going to need to determine the size of header based on the span you need to have. Likely a double 2x10or 2x12 be overkill. How long will tank be? Is there a wall directly above that one on second story?

Zombiex

Door on opposite side wont matter as long as you have adequate space for cripples and to carry your load point down to floor

reefdiver

Website Affiliate
Website
57af7c4d6ead85ce5eb4ca2a0a419015.jpg

959bf39c6becae3fb029ee33194d6dc9.jpg

Starting to work on my Wife’s family tank. The peninsula build is still in the planning stages.

Tonight I got the tank in place and the lights programmed ( AI Prime HDs ) Gotta day I was very impressed by the ease and speed of programming them!

Going through the rest of the equipment to clean it and get it in place.

Then to start the aquascaping. We will be using Real Reef Rock, D&D Aquascaping putty and BSI Glue for that.

Even though I am going to be selling Innovative Marine tanks etc we decided to use this second hand IM SR60 for this build.

reefdiver

Website Affiliate
Website
Ian, what kind of program are you running with those AI Primes? Also, softie? mixed? sps?

I’m still deciding where the programming will sit exactly. I’m starting with a setting I found on a YouTube video by, I believe Bulk reef. My wife is doing this one for her and the kids so will be Softies and LPS
She just wants movement and color.

I’m starting with this but it will likely change.

3768765a284458739a4af2e6589b714f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt1997

The studies at the Ecotech Coral Lab are showing that the combination of all the colours give enough of the spectrum that the whites can sometimes be overkill. They have started taking the whites out of the lighting. I'll try and find the info on that for the sake of accuracy.
Thank you. Would like to see that