Ian's Im Sr60 Family Tank Build ( Formerly Known As The Peninsula In Wall Build Lol)

reefdiver

Website Affiliate
Website
www.sustainablemarinecanada.ca
So, a little update. I think its important to show challenges, not just successes.

On the upside, my system of including a refugium in the all-in-one tank instead of a skimmer, as well as an auto water changer is working very well!

Phos and Nitrate are both testing below measurable on my IDip.

Now, the result of that has been a Dino bloom (common in new tanks and low nutrient environments, organisms battling for supremacy)
and some of the corals and not looking so great.

Now, its time to fix the issue. I have achieved high nutrient export, I need to up the import, which means feed more and better.

I am starting a new feeding regime of frozen mixed with coral foods and smaller particle foods.
LRS, Mysis, Cyclopods, arctic pods, Roe and Reef Roids, amino acids

Kman

Super Active Member
What are you dosing with for your alk? You should be using kalk aka lime water for this. Kalk raises your alkalinity and PH. Higher PH (8.2-8.4) is a treatment that is used to combat dino blooms. Limewater does raise pH more effectively than standard buffer does. Based on per unit of alkalinity added as it is more concentrated. The higher PH from limewater limits available co2 in the water. Like most photosynthetic organisms Dino needs co2 to grow. So the high PH and the alk from the limewater helps stabilize PH levels and reduce and limit growth of Dinoflagellates. Because of the lower c02 levels and more stable PH levels. Just some food for thought.

reefdiver

Website Affiliate
Website
www.sustainablemarinecanada.ca
First set of Triton ICP tests on the way to Germany.

66673087_1574202942720748_5208716240989716480_n.jpg