Kman Reef Progression Build.

Nick James

Always look forward to your pics! I'll need to do a K/W trip and stop for a visit one of these days!

Last edited:

Kman

Super Active Member
Some pictures of my 120 frag tank.

IMG_20160719_130028.jpg

IMG_20160719_130202_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160719_130223_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160719_130213_hdr.jpg

Kman

Super Active Member
they did loose color after i snapped them off. They will color up in a few weeks I am not worried.

Kman

Super Active Member
Wow I love those red rics!
Do u ever sell any Frags?

Most things in this tank will be ready for sale soon. I changed my spectrum to the blue side a few weeks ago before I sell to color up fully. I am old school as in I don't like to sell small frags or ones that don't have full color. I have lots of those red monti. You should see how red and bright they are in person.

Kman

Super Active Member
The key to fast Ricordea growth is to crowd them. When they are super dense colony they go into asexual reproduction and split or create daughter polyps at a way faster rate then when you only have a few. I should have about 30+ for sale of the orange Ricordea.

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
The key to fast Ricordea growth is to crowd them. When they are super dense colony they go into asexual reproduction and split or create daughter polyps at a way faster rate then when you only have a few. I should have about 30+ for sale of the orange Ricordea.
If I can get up your guys way, I'll take a few when they go up for sale:)

Cliff

I would b down for some Frags for sure

Kman

Super Active Member
The key is to not do unnecessary changes or tinkering and keep your hands out of the tank unless necessary. Even then keep it to a minimum. If you do proper husbandry and maintenance routine and you keep your tank within the tolerances for your livestock it is pretty easy to do. The key is you need to build your reef on a solid foundation and don't take shortcuts like trying to skip the cycle phase. A solid foundation that helps build and support the food web are what makes a solid and productive reef. If you rush or try and skip the cycle phase with unnecessary use of chemical (bandages really) you will suppress and stunt your food web. A food web that is stunted or suppressed does not function properly for your bio-load and will actually cause many issues.

Set the tank up and wait. Let your system build up the proper levels of food web and bacteria before heavily stocking your system. If you are patent and slowly stock your system you will be rewarded with a solid productive system. Always add what we call utility animals first. Why add a say anthias or other fish first that don't earn their keep and just look nice. add fish like tangs, gobie and blennies that actually help process your tank. Proper selection of livestock in the beginning stages go a long way. A productive food wed that produces lots of nutritious live foods will give you better growth then any product will. So just learn to take your time.