Kman Reef Progression Build.

Kman

Super Active Member
I ended up picking up this beautiful Swiftia exserta at the beginning of the week. It is a super bright orange and within 10 min of it being placed into my tank the polyps opened and stayed open. The other coral I picked up is the Diodogorgia nodulifera in front of the Swiftia. It has some cool white polyps and is a little finicky. But it is still new.

IMG-20161222-WA000.jpg

Close up pic of the polyps.

IMG-20161222-WA013.jpg

Kman

Super Active Member
Crappy part about this whole experience is my female clown is a total relentless B!tch. The area I had to work on is right beside her nest of eggs and she constantly attached my had chomping on it relentlessly. I have over 30 bit marks that broke the skin. It got to a point no matter where I had my hand in the tank she would come bite it. Hrs of her biting your hands get very tender. lol

OrcaSB

Yes they were the Maxspect razors. I see a big difference between the two and I prefer the AI as for me it grows my corals the best. I get good growth and color with Maxspect on my 46 gallon bow but on the larger 180 my results are not as good. They worked on the 180 but were just never enough for me and lacked in growth and color assortment. If I ran supplemental blue LED like Eric does I am sure they would have worked better on the 180. But still nothing like the AI for me.

Some people have good experience using the Maxspect but I am not one of them. I originally bought three of them and in less then a year I had issues with two out of three not working. Within a year and a half all three have had issues twice each and as of right now only one is working.The rest are now for parts as I refuse to spend more money on these lights. Even on warranty Maxspect would not stand behind their products and attempted to make me pay for the replacement hardware. The last time the Pods burnt out the store owner felt bad for me and kindly paid for them himself because he knew they should have replaced them. Within two years they burnt out 4 Blue LED pods, 2 fans and one white LED pod total so far. Because I refuse to spend any more money on a product that even the manufacture will not stand behind on warranty, once I have gone through all the parts I have for the one remaining LED. I will go buy another AI for that tank and give my money to their competition. I have never been treated by a company with so much disrespect the entire time that I have been in this hobby by anyone besides Maxspect.

My remaining Maxspect does grow corals good (when it is working), but I will never buy another Maxspect product again after the horrible way I was treated by them.

Hey, at least that store owner did you a solid! Lol ;) We continue to use Maxspect on a lot of our new installs and have had success. I agree though, if there are issues Maxspect is horrible at resolving them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I ended up picking up this beautiful Swiftia exserta at the beginning of the week. It is a super bright orange and within 10 min of it being placed into my tank the polyps opened and stayed open. The other coral I picked up is the Diodogorgia nodulifera in front of the Swiftia. It has some cool white polyps and is a little finicky. But it is still new.

View attachment 11357

Close up pic of the polyps.

View attachment 11358
Amazing peices. I wish stuff like this made itself this way. Hopefully there will be some at fragfest, or at least hopefully I can arrange a drop off maybe.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Kman

Super Active Member
Hey, at least that store owner did you a solid! Lol ;) We continue to use Maxspect on a lot of our new installs and have had success. I agree though, if there are issues Maxspect is horrible at resolving them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was not so much something went wrong as it is expected you can have hardware issues. But support your products and don't give people the run around.