LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - JUNE 1, 2013

harleymike

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
It kind of sucks.  Not only was the foodbank quite shitty about taking the money, they won't return my call or emails about 'where my receipt is'. 

My kid's class actually raised $1150 for ronald mcdonald house this year, it would have been -awesome- if I had known, as I would have had my kid announce she was 'doubling it' with the money.  Ah well, lesson learned.  I have the cashed cheque, but revenue canada won't accept that as a receipt according to my accountant.  Leaves a REAL bad taste in my mouth. 

Okay, done griping :)

Wonder if all the money went too the right person there. Might be why theirs no receipt.
You would think they would be grateful and get a receipt to you asap.
Pick another charity next time I would think.

harleymike

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
It kind of sucks.  Not only was the foodbank quite shitty about taking the money, they won't return my call or emails about 'where my receipt is'. 

My kid's class actually raised $1150 for ronald mcdonald house this year, it would have been -awesome- if I had known, as I would have had my kid announce she was 'doubling it' with the money.  Ah well, lesson learned.  I have the cashed cheque, but revenue canada won't accept that as a receipt according to my accountant.  Leaves a REAL bad taste in my mouth. 

Okay, done griping :)

Wonder if all the money went too the right person there. Might be why theirs no receipt.
You would think they would be grateful and get a receipt to you asap.
Pick another charity next time I would think.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Well they called yesterday to apologize, assured me the receipt was on its way, and said the reason I was treated poorly was because they use volunteers. 

That said, the volunteer DID take the cheque, but he took it to a person who had an office in back, and she was the one that was yelling across the room full of people waiting for food "do you wanna receipt?  Well we don't give them anymore, we'll have to mail it!!".  She didn't even come out to talk, just yelled it.  However, I wasn't about to argue it and just thanked her for the receipt (which of course still hasn't arrived). 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Well they called yesterday to apologize, assured me the receipt was on its way, and said the reason I was treated poorly was because they use volunteers. 

That said, the volunteer DID take the cheque, but he took it to a person who had an office in back, and she was the one that was yelling across the room full of people waiting for food "do you wanna receipt?  Well we don't give them anymore, we'll have to mail it!!".  She didn't even come out to talk, just yelled it.  However, I wasn't about to argue it and just thanked her for the receipt (which of course still hasn't arrived).