LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - JUNE 1, 2013

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
There was a couple corals I really liked at the ReefWholesale setup......how do we go about getting some frags of these?

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Reef Hero link said:
There was a couple corals I really liked at the ReefWholesale setup......how do we go about getting some frags of these?

You could have and can through sealife.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Hmmmm..... I'm still interested..... Maybe ReefWholesale could post up some pics of what they had there with names or something to give to their sellers?? I mean like how do we tell them what we want??

spyd

Super Active Member
You can go on canreef and send a pm or email to pfoster. He posts pics up on that forum quite frequently. He then sends them to Sealife and they would be the ones selling to you.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I can send the email addy too buddy, sorry got into 3 bottles of wine with dean (the doorman).  I sure hope he gets cleared to go back to work soon, my liver can't take it.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Lieutenant Malloy (the guy on the door) said you guys were absolutely top notch.  I hope you take some solace in his after-time report that you were "nothing like inmates" :)

He's actually the head of the emergency response team for maximum security detentions (the swat team for inmate issues).  He's off on leave because he had knee surgery.  I actually take a bit of solace in his statement "I didn't recognize anyone".  I think we are the -under-the-radar- weirdos that seemingly have tons of excess income to spend on coloured sticks. 

I'm actually quite proud of you people that he came over here tonight (and wanted to crack into the Somerset bar wine cellar) and ask about the hobby.  I think he could be a convert (yet not a convict!). 

He did spot copperkills as a likely officer.  He said "he carried himself properly".  Lol.  I asked copperkills if he was packing.  He looked at me like I was an idiot.  Good lord I wish they had let me onto the force in the 80's instead of saying I was "too short", "too white" and "not handsome enough". 

That's my 2 bottles of some sort of red wine, (plus going back for guinness right now) report on the 'fest.    Sincere thanks to everyone, you are a very good group of people. 

BTW.  Since absolutely NOBODY was a jerk at this thing (and I mean that), you are all welcome at the bar, anytime.  It's fun, it's silly, and man there's a lot of booze here.  Byron, london.    Best thing is the proprietor is a Realtor so he can be behind the bar pretty much 24/7 :)

http://youtu.be/wCZm_e6SRjk

G

GinaReef

I just want to thank you guys for putting on such a great event.  I'm certainly looking forward to next year.  I'm sure It will be a bigger and better show, but this year will be hard to beat.  It's good to know that there is enough interest to do an event like this.

There were certainly a lot of really good deals being offered.  And some really gorgeous corals.  I'm just sorry that I'm going to be away  for much of the summer so I couldn't buy too much at this point.

waldo

Great Frag Swap!!

Sure was a room full of knowledge.
All the tables were were setup perfect for viewing and people
buying were  moving around quickly.

The prize tables were awesome and a big hit for sure.

Just want to say thanks, fantastic work by everyone involved.
Can't wait for the next one.

waldo

As I was leaving Lieutenant Malloy (the guy on the door) LOL told me
the head count just reached 200.

It looked like the raffle was a big hit also, allot of the box's were full when
you put your tickets in.
Specialy's Darryl's, Great prize Darryl!!!

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Thats good to hear.  I was actually worried nobody would put in tickets because it was not with the rest of the raffles,and the clowns hid for the first half.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Darryl_V link said:
Thats good to hear.  I was actually worried nobody would put in tickets because it was not with the rest of the raffles,and the clowns hid for the first half.
I saw MJC playing peek a boo with the clowns in the bowl. Prob why they were hiding.

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Thanks Salty for putting that on.  Such an amazing setup, really really well done.  Great turnout!  I was shocked at the size of the crowd.  Wish I could have met you to thank you in person but I had no idea how to go about identifying you in that crowd - in the dark no less!  (Which was a great idea btw.  All of the tables looked fantastic.)  If only everyone had nametags...

It was so great to meet everyone who I had the opportunity to speak with - Poseidon (even though I didn't catch your actual name lol), Jerry(unibob), Tony, Darryl, Rick, Tyrone, fragbox guys.  I feel very lucky to have just joined the hobby when I did.  My girlfriend and I had an amazing time even though we only stayed for about an hour.  Between us we picked up about 16 pieces, and I can now finally say that my tank is 'SPS dominated' without exaggerating haha.  I could have picked up a lot more had my wallet allowed it!  Darryl had a super nice montipora supernatural piece I longed for but had to pass up... should have stopped at his table first!  But I got some great scores and am looking forward to watching everything grow in.  I hope I don't kill anything :S.

For those of you whom I didn't get to introduce myself to but may have spotted me - I was in a black and white tiger shirt, camo shorts... bigger guy with short blonde hair and large stretched lobes.  Hopefully I'll meet all of you in good time.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Darryl_V link said:

.. and here I thought you were keeping the ticket box hidden so those clowns could go back in your frag tank ;D