LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - JUNE 1, 2013

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Aaron told me, but not sure if it's public knowledge yet.  I'll likely have a followup blog and steal the photos I was too stupid to remember to take, and add them to the website. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
vdubz link said:
hey Salty, are you going to disclose how much was raised?
Already did a few pages back :)

In total, We raised almost exactly $1000 at the door, (which makes sense with the head count), and my wife, however crazy way she was doing the tickets made another ~$500.  So clear I am handing over $1100 today to the food bank :)

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=vdubz link=topic=4499.msg52502#msg52502 date=1370260636]

In total, We raised almost exactly $1000 at the door, (which makes sense with the head count), and my wife, however crazy way she was doing the tickets made another ~$500.  So clear I am handing over $1100 today to the food bank :)
[/quote]

Fantastic !!

sunnykita

Super Active Member
it's great to know that having a fabulous time we managed collectively to help the food bank ! a really fabulous day, my thanks again to all who worked so hard to put this together for us to enjoy !

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Hey guys, I just noticed something, I haven't seen duke/ Nick posting much at all lately, did he make it out to the swap?

MikeB

Thanks for the event. My wife was never really into the aquarium hobby. I braught her to fragfest let her pick out the corals and now she studies the tank every day and is really enjoying it..  ;D

jroovers

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=vdubz link=topic=4499.msg52502#msg52502 date=1370260636]

[/quote]

That is a terrific donation, pretty darn good for a first go.  Too bad I missed it, looked like a great turnout. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
It kind of sucks.  Not only was the foodbank quite shitty about taking the money, they won't return my call or emails about 'where my receipt is'. 

My kid's class actually raised $1150 for ronald mcdonald house this year, it would have been -awesome- if I had known, as I would have had my kid announce she was 'doubling it' with the money.  Ah well, lesson learned.  I have the cashed cheque, but revenue canada won't accept that as a receipt according to my accountant.  Leaves a REAL bad taste in my mouth. 

Okay, done griping :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
It kind of sucks.  Not only was the foodbank quite shitty about taking the money, they won't return my call or emails about 'where my receipt is'. 

My kid's class actually raised $1150 for ronald mcdonald house this year, it would have been -awesome- if I had known, as I would have had my kid announce she was 'doubling it' with the money.  Ah well, lesson learned.  I have the cashed cheque, but revenue canada won't accept that as a receipt according to my accountant.  Leaves a REAL bad taste in my mouth. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

spyd

Super Active Member
I wonder if maybe it is more fitting to find a reputable "save the reefs" type of a charity next time. Just a thought. I am surprised these charities are being so difficult to deal with... I am sure we can find a million of them out there that would be far more grateful to be receiving such a large sum of money.

spyd

Super Active Member
I wonder if maybe it is more fitting to find a reputable "save the reefs" type of a charity next time. Just a thought. I am surprised these charities are being so difficult to deal with... I am sure we can find a million of them out there that would be far more grateful to be receiving such a large sum of money.

spyd

Super Active Member

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I found most charities will send out their official donation receipts closer to tax time next year..... Hopefully this is the case salty because I know how hard you worked.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I found most charities will send out their official donation receipts closer to tax time next year..... Hopefully this is the case salty because I know how hard you worked.