LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - JUNE 1, 2013

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
AdamS link said:
Is there gonna be a communal table for swapping? Maybe a bowl for everyone to put their keys frags?

I'll have to get back to you on that.  It's possible that 'swapping' might have to take place in the lower level or in the picnic area (weather permitting).  Only due to space filling up so quick. :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
The old timers in the legion bar are going to be all "WTF is wrong with these people, $50 for a green stick?"  Lol. 

No fighting with the veterans, those old codgers are tough!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I've contacted the Londoner about doing an article about the event, the charity angle might entice them, and I used to write a column for a magazine, I even offered to write the article for them. How could they possibly refuse!  :)

If they do an article, it could get the free press to pick it up.  That could make this even bigger. 

Man, give me some coffee and tequila at 12:30 am, lookit what  I can do. 

jroovers

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
I've contacted the Londoner about doing an article about the event, the charity angle might entice them, and I used to write a column for a magazine, I even offered to write the article for them. How could they possibly refuse!  :)

If they do an article, it could get the free press to pick it up.  That could make this even bigger. 

Sounds terrific!  If you are looking for photos as well, I'm sure some of the reefers here would be happy to contribute.  Would be cool to have a photo or two published of say Darryl's tank or something of that sort in along with the Londoner article or in a magazine. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
jroovers link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4499.msg44309#msg44309 date=1363063336]

Sounds terrific!  If you are looking for photos as well, I'm sure some of the reefers here would be happy to contribute.  Would be cool to have a photo or two published of say Darryl's tank or something of that sort in along with the Londoner article or in a magazine.
[/quote]

Agreed, but let's see if they even respond, who knows it might not be interesting enough to even a little paper. 

P

phi delt reefer

Salty Cracker link said:
PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE:

Welcome CAD Lights Aquariums to the swap! Looks like custom tanks, skimmers and more.

WOW! Do they know this event is in Canada?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Petercar link said:
may have to set more tables or get another part of the hall

Nah, when we're full, we're full.  I don't want to have to hire anyone to look after other areas.  If all goes well we'll see about next year, but this will be a good size and selection for everyone.  :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
phi delt reefer link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4499.msg44354#msg44354 date=1363101237]
PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE:

Welcome CAD Lights Aquariums to the swap! Looks like custom tanks, skimmers and more.

WOW! Do they know this event is in Canada?
[/quote]

Hey, word is OUT about this show.  :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I've got to design and price out some directional road signs.  Lowry's signs gives me an okay price on real estate signs, but might gouge me on custom stuff, anyone have any connections?

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Salty Cracker link said:
I've got to design and price out some directional road signs.  Lowry's signs gives me an okay price on real estate signs, but might gouge me on custom stuff, anyone have any connections?

Keep it simple, black and white. See what an enlarged copy/print from costco would be. Or anywhere that does printing.

Needs to last for a day. A can of spray clear lacquer will keep them durable if the weather looks grim.

Sent from my {HTC X8} using Board Express