LONDON FRAG FEST 2013 - JUNE 1, 2013

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
Pleased to say that Sealife Central will be at the event.  Welcome aboard!  :)

Right on, its great to see a local store that supports our community, Way to go Sea Life Central and Big Al's London

P

phi delt reefer

f*cking right! I was looking for some custom acrylic sump!

looks like a win-win for everybody!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
phi delt reefer link said:
f*cking right! I was looking for some custom acrylic sump!

looks like a win-win for everybody!

Gotta agree, I think it will be a really good time.  I think those that don't make it out are going to be kicking themselves.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Wow, this event is picking up some momentum!  Good work Salty on the logistics.  If your tank isn't packed full of premium frags by the end of this event, somethings off!  8)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
jroovers link said:
Wow, this event is picking up some momentum!  Good work Salty on the logistics.  If your tank isn't packed full of premium frags by the end of this event, somethings off!  8)

Heh, yeah I seriously don't think I'll be in the black by the end of this.  The hall cost is pretty much covered if all the invoices get paid, I'll likely have a few extra expenses, but it may very well be that 100% of the door goes straight to charity, that's pretty kickass for a first year event. 

We'll have summer temps, bbq, beer, coral, additives, acrylics, more coral.... hopefully good exposure for those that make a living at this, instead of us lowly hobbyists.  Who knows, maybe both levels of the legion will be filled next year (I'll likely be taking notes on those that want to reserve a table for the next year if this turns out well).

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
CherryBlossom link said:
Hopefully i'll be able to make it to this show and not be stuck inside from my surgery, I'll be looking forward to meeting everyone & looking at some awesome stuff!

Hey, we'll have the fragging demo table all set up, we might be able to take care of you right there! :)

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
If you need a frag tank for the event please let me know. I have seen the couple of tanks linked. I can easily do those, or custom sized/shapes. I can also do custom racks if you have a tank to use.

Same for custom frag racks. If I get the order in time, I will bring it to the show. I may end up in London the night before, so, picking up tanks then may be an option.

Sent from my {HTC X8} using Board Express

CherryBlossom

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=CherryBlossom link=topic=4499.msg44240#msg44240 date=1363017148]
Hopefully i'll be able to make it to this show and not be stuck inside from my surgery, I'll be looking forward to meeting everyone & looking at some awesome stuff!

Hey, we'll have the fragging demo table all set up, we might be able to take care of you right there! :)
[/quote]

Awesome! Sounds good, Can't wait! Maybe I'll be able to find my mom her own little tank to start :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE:

Reef wholesale will be HEADLINING the event!  They do not sell direct as many of you know, but they will be represented by two area vendors (Sealife and Royal Aquariums).  Thanks to a suggestion I got I suggested they may want to do a fragging demonstration, since a lot(!) of hobbyists don't know the proper way of fragging (harmful to the coral) or the proper way to prep (dangers to the fragger!).  I chatted with them at length today, they were very excited, which is fantastic.  They also agreed to get me a list of corals that should not be sold at the swap, which is something even the ministry couldn't get me.  All in all they were fantastic. 

I'll likely have an announcement about raffle items that will be available, again, proceeds of that will go 100% to charity.

I may also have another exciting announcement, but not sure yet, stay tuned :)

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Very nice to see everyone jumping in......this is going to be an amazing event!!!
It is really going to bring hobbyists, vendors, etc together and make for a very strong reefing community in SW Ontario!!! Thanks to everyone who is making this possible!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD