London Frag Fest 2014 - Sunday April 13, 2014! - Vendor Map Updated!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: London Frag Fest 2014 - Sunday April 13, 2014!

PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE:

Headliner: Reef Wholesale!

Confirmed and honourable mention:

- Some Homeless Guy
- Bean Bag Frags
- Bigshow Frags
- Mad Jelly Corals (RIP DARRYL!!)
- SPYD's Reef
- NorCal Corals
- Fragtime

and last but not least

- CANADA CORALS.  :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Nah, last year I kept expecting the swat team to come storming in, or the floor to collapse or lights to go out, or Brandon's tank to tip the table over.  This year should be a piece of cake. 

oops hit modify on your post instead of reply :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE:

Our own REEF HERO will be saving the day one frag at-a-time at the ole fragfest.

Ben will be in the lower level right next to the bar.  Even more reason to grab a cold one at this year's event (I know I will). 

Reef Hero

Super Active Member

Thanks glen! Can't wait to see everyone there in 2014. Should read saving the reef one frag at a time lol. All my frags will be captive ones I've grown out in my tank. Won't be a large amount of frags but I promise quality. Oh ya and watch your damn drinks around my corals! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdamS

Salty Cracker link said:
PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE:

Our own REEF HERO will be saving the day one frag at-a-time at the ole fragfest.

Ben will be in the lower level right next to the bar.  Even more reason to grab a cold one at this year's event (I know I will). 

Tony and I should spend most of our money at the bar, beers last longer than our SPS does!

Giglio324

Free cooler bag!!! I'll be camped out the night before. Seriously tho very exciting last year was awesome!

Jewel

I wonder what the average cost of a Frag is at a Frag Fest, And is it just Frags or are Colonies sold as well.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member

Giglio324 link said:
Free cooler bag!!! I'll be camped out the night before. Seriously tho very exciting last year was awesome!

Thats because you won a sweet door prize.... lol

curiousphil

Super Active Member

Jewel link said:
I wonder what the average cost of a Frag is at a Frag Fest, And is it just Frags or are Colonies sold as well.

For last years Fest I would say I paid an average of 10-15 per frag and I snagged around 10 or so.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Okay, hall is reserved... actually a lot more than I thought with the downstairs, but it effectively doubles the space available so hopefully table sales cover it.  That hurt the wallet :)

I'll have an updated map of the lower level up some time today.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

curiousphil link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=5517.msg68066#msg68066 date=1384450294]That hurt the wallet :)

With any luck it will also hurt the wallet of all attendees... in a good way if you get my drift ;)
[/quote]

I am hoping that it hurts my wallet. Everything was amazing last year, I am hoping to bring more funds this year for our amazing vendors to take. Prices ranged from 5$ to over a $100 for the finer rare pieces, but they are all the best deals you will ever find AND they are all under one roof. Get there early and the pick of the litter. Word to the wise, if you like it, grab it, because it will not be there the next time you walk around.

Also keep in mind that Sealife is only a 5 minute drive from there. I made sure I swung by last year to grab up some shrimp and a few other things, I will be doing the same this year.

Jewel

10-15 a Frag is very affordable, that's great, Is there a good selection of all types of Corals such as Zoas, LPS, Softies. I know that SPS will be well supported. Would you say it's a good idea to bring a Cooler to keep purchases in or anything else . Thanks I'm getting excited.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

Jewel link said:
10-15 a Frag is very affordable, that's great, Is there a good selection of all types of Corals such as Zoas, LPS, Softies. I know that SPS will be well supported. Would you say it's a good idea to bring a Cooler to keep purchases in or anything else . Thanks I'm getting excited.

I brought a cooler, but mostly because I was there the entire event. Being that you are in Woodstock, i would suggest a cooler...oh wait...free cooler bag at this years event :D I guess it just matters how many frags you plan on buying this year then if you need to bring a cooler, I will be bringing one just in case.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member

I bring my cooler everywhere....i have a thermometer in there too so i know the temp..... i always bring a couple emptywater bottles too so i can fill up with hot, mild, or cold water to adjust the temp accordingly in my cooler.
Better to be prepared.....

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Jewel link said:
There was absolutely everything at the last one, from hardware to eve fish I think (not many fish, but that may change this year ;) )

Haven't heard from Sealife, I sent out emails yesterday, hopefully it doesn't fill up before they read their mail!

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor

Jewel link said:
every frag swap. has ppl walkinga round with small coolers.    yu can put one bigger one in yur car. and when lil one is full take them out to big cooler.  amd go back in ..also.  the usa frag swaps i seen guys walking with blue led flashlights

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE:

FRAGBOX is taking the second center spot on the upper level (same as last year).  :)