London Frag Fest 2014 - Sunday April 13, 2014! - Vendor Map Updated!

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Guess they didn't get rich like they thought they would?

IMO, move on. Karma is a bitch, and their table cost is now double, upfront next year!

PS, can we start the 2015 thread yet? LOL! And I will pay more if we have the AC on!!!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Yea I would just not let them attend next year, you can't hold a tab for ppl, there has to be some sort of discipline , or you'll see it happen more often ...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Torx link said:
To share or not to share, that is the question.

Tough call for sure, not sure about banning them from the even, just make them pay for this past one and the next event in advance next time.

The only thing is... if I just let people pay "next year" I have to presuppose they will actually come "next year", and how is it fair to the people that paid in good faith? 

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Torx link=topic=5517.msg92729#msg92729 date=1399353422]
To share or not to share, that is the question.

Tough call for sure, not sure about banning them from the even, just make them pay for this past one and the next event in advance next time.

The only thing is... if I just let people pay "next year" I have to presuppose they will actually come "next year", and how is it fair to the people that paid in good faith?
[/quote]

Oh no, misunderstood.  They should pay before setting up, but if this particular vendor wants in next year when the time comes, be sure they pay for 2014 and 2015 before their table is reserved...then give their table to someone else...lol...nooo.

Crazy that a vendor would not pay for their table, just not right imho. Even if it wasn't for charity...being for charity just makes it worse.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Yeah, likely I'm too petty to let it slide... I slept on it and still think they are out for next year.  They reportedly did "very well" at the event, so that's even worse. 

I'm of the mind "if I'm not important enough to pay, you're not important enough to come". :shrug:

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Jewel link said:
That's Terrible, What ever you decide is fine with me, I'd ban them from this site entirely.
Can't ban them from this site because of it.  Fragfest and thefragtank are two separate things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Why can't you just tell everyone who it was?!? I don't see the reason behind keeping it a secret and protecting a vendor or fellow hobbyist who wants to play like that....

sunnykita

Super Active Member
That's sad, I'd say out for good, not just next year, (assuming this will be an annual event from now on) To screw a charity funding event is pretty darned low. There's no excuse for not paying up. Personally, I'd suggest that they pay up or the name will be published within the group and also ban them from future Fragfests. The threat of being outed in public may give them the incentive to cough up the payment. They stand to lose a lot of trade if the group is informed. I certainly wouldn't contribute to their sales ever.

Marz

sunnykita link said:
That's sad, I'd say out for good, not just next year, (assuming this will be an annual event from now on) To screw a charity funding event is pretty darned low. There's no excuse for not paying up. Personally, I'd suggest that they pay up or the name will be published within the group and also ban them from future Fragfests. The threat of being outed in public may give them the incentive to cough up the payment. They stand to lose a lot of trade if the group is informed. I certainly wouldn't contribute to their sales ever.

+1 last line in particular.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
There's always one in a bunch sometimes. Ban them from this site and ban them from participating next year that way you don't have to out anybody. This thing is getting bigger every year it will only be their loss. and if they could stiff you with a charity receiving the benefits ,i think they could stiff anyone of us

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk HD

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I think that the circumstances that only Salty knows do make a difference.  I mean perhaps a different standard for a large business vs a hobbyist that might have had unrealistic expectations vs a small enterprise that is just trying to justify labour costs.....etc.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
...although severity of the penalty aside, everyone has to pay.

I have been in many trade shows over the years and all of them required payment well in advance of  The show.  Unfortunate that it needs to be that way but...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Well it's more a matter of I'm sure with a lot more work I could get the $$$, but asking 2 or 3 times is sort of my limit, after that I sort of just figure "ah well, screw it". 

Also, what if it's an honest oversight, and to be true I pay more attention to "bills incoming" over "bills due", which is why I'm not broadcasting their name all over the internet (or answering the "who is it" PMs lol).  It's really not that huge of a deal, I just wondered if banning them was over the top,  I don't think it is but sometimes I'm way off on my gut reaction lol.  I just don't like that everyone else paid, and this person just cruised in (and out)on promises.  Very likely he's not a bad guy, just a bit lax :)

Jewel

We all paid 5 bux, Ok it was only 5 but we still had to pay, And we paid to purchase things from him or them, We should be told who is Laughing at us all.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
I guess a lesson learned Salty, any trade shows I have done with the ENJO I have always had to pay the fee well in advance. No fee paid, no booth and no advertising that the product will be there. I don't imagine you were charging a big fee for the tables so I see no reason for anyone not being able to pay in advance. Hopefully they did check out the forum today. Sad to cheat a charity !