Moving Up To 220

Jason Bell

Since you like your Damsels so much, I thought why not give them a try, the 6 Blue Springeri Damsels are brightening up the tank.View attachment 22722

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent, I do enjoy my Damsels. Like I've said, an entire tank of them would be chaos and enjoyable. That said I went to a friend's place last weekend to drop him off some lights and he has an anemone tank setup now with a ton of clowns, amazing to watch.

Jason Bell

Slowly but surely, after ordering the wrong extensions cables, for some reason I jumped on 1' without thinking the stand is 30" wide and outlets are in the middle then run through access holes, so 3' cables arrived and I got started.
20210610_210658_compress41~2.jpg

Seasquirt

Very nice, do you have a frag tank set up? I’d love to see a picture of the tank from a couple feet away.
I thought those Damsels that I purchased would last longer than two weeks, I’m down to two, not sure what’s happening to them,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jason Bell

Very nice, do you have a frag tank set up? I’d love to see a picture of the tank from a couple feet away.
I thought those Damsels that I purchased would last longer than two weeks, I’m down to two, not sure what’s happening to them,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No frag tank for me, I have a good friend that operates 14 tanks, 2 are his display tanks and the rest for coral grow out, so always lots for me to pick from.

Strange with the damsels, mine, all of them, are still as active and crazy as usual. Are they just going missing? Maybe a gorilla crab in the tank.

Seasquirt

That’s sweet to have a grow out tank, do you get most of your Coral from Under the Sun? I have a Halloween Crab in the tank and Hermits, snails

All the rock in the tank was dried out 18 months ago and sat for a year out of water so all the pests died off, lots of fire worms, before the dry out the guy who had it had a Copper Band in the tank which eradicated all the Apstatia, I know exactly what’s in the rock and I haven’t added any from an outside source. If I did I’d most likely let it sit in the snow for winter Lol

I did that once with two hundred pounds once, nothing survives the cold.

With all you’ve done for me I can’t except those test kits, really what I need is a good Alk test kit, I have a Salfert but I hate it, it can’t be accurate with all the water changes I do

23 gallons every 10 days and my Coraline is growing great.

I found 1 dead Damsel and the others I don’t know, they can’t jump through the screens, my clean up crew must be loving all the deaths. The tank is Algae free, Coral growth is slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason Bell

For some reason I'm in to them now, never really was interested before, prefered my leathers and zoas. I guess everyone changes. The plate is amazing, so orange, it's a real stunner.

Jason Bell

Well, I did not like the whole marco rock look, so that is gone and new rock in place as of last weekend. Has been six months and things are finally becoming stable, I have a large coral order coming this weekend, should be able to get some better shots. Going to remove some that I have had for a while and add some new ones. Water station is working well, top off is working well, still need to complete the automation of that. I removed the bio-pellets and have started to add a refugium, that is another work in progress. Anyway, here is an updated shot.

20210803_190806_HDR~2.jpg

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Hey bud , do this one , this is the pic my friend said he good for sps , this is with the 52hds I can’t remember if that’s what you have or the new 64hds

it’s a bit different then the one I told you yesterday .

Attachments

• E61DDA8F-F4E5-4688-94E0-550DA1A1E8AC.png
    E61DDA8F-F4E5-4688-94E0-550DA1A1E8AC.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 93

Jason Bell

Hey bud , do this one , this is the pic my friend said he good for sps , this is with the 52hds I can’t remember if that’s what you have or the new 64hds

it’s a bit different then the one I told you yesterday .
Excellent, I will give it a go, I am using the 52's.

Jason Bell

Hi Luke, things are going well. I setup a refugium in the first section of my sump and that has made things in the tank crystal clear and algae free. I have turned in to a little bit of an SPS nut, never thought I would but now find them amazing, much better when they grow! Still making changes, larger skimmer and sorting out media reactors. Hopefully soon will have something decent to take pictures with.

IMG_20210919_194820.jpg