Moving Up To 220

Jason Bell

Good morning Jason, you said that you had 15 fish, what are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good day,

Lets see if I can recall them all....2 x lagoon damsels, 2 blue damsels, 1 yellow belly damsel, 1 jewel damsel (bites me always), 3x percula clowns, Royal Gamma, Hybrid pygmy angel, coral beauty angel, red sea regal angel, chevron tang, mimic tang, black tang, yellow tang and as of last nights delivery a gem tang. Various snails, blue crabs, scarlet crabs, left hand crabs, nightmare crabs, sally long leg crab, blood shrimp, cleaner shrimp and some type of other shrimp, maybe camel, dancing or peppermint. I did have 15, but recently moved the 3 clowns from the bio cube to the main tank, the bio cube now houses 1 clown and 1 damsel.

Seasquirt

Holy Damsels Lol, I hate them, they can be little jerks, the only ones I’ve ever liked were the black and whites, I thought that you’d have bigger fish, yes you do have those Tangs, I’ve had terrible luck lately with my fish acquisitions, just this morning the Lamarck Angel dead, these fish are not cheap. I buy all my fish from Big als Kitchener, it’s a good place or was, their fish manager is very nice and knowledgeable, Lots of Coral as well, I’d really like to get down to under the sun, their Coral is very affordable, just this COVID thing and having to make appointments isn’t nice, it’s 3 hours for me one way,
sounds like you’re useing the Cube as the penalty box, that’s nice to have that option, Gem Tang eh, Very Pricey, what’s the big deal with them, did you get it delivered? And a black Tang, nice, did you get the Yellow from Shawn? Regal Angel is beautiful for sure, what’s it’s disposition like? Ive been looking for a Coral beauty, I find them to be very reef safe, the Flame Angel would be nice, no Foxface, that’s a nice fish, very affordable and no fish picks on them unless they want to get stabbed, I was stabbed once in my finger, note to self always look before putting your hand in the tank, it was right there and I touched it, it stabbed me but it was my fault, that hurt for a few days,

chat again, enjoy your free time,

Jason Bell

I love my damsels, wanted to at some point do a full reef with all blue and yellow damsels. The lagoon damsels are huge, but do not bother anyone, very peaceful, the little damsels tend to hang with the clowns but swim more. The Gem tang has been on my radar for a while, personally I love the look, nothing else really special, they just look amazing. I bought it from Matt and he made the trip from Sudbury down to Hamilton. The Yellow I bought from Shawn a few years ago, about the size of a loonie at the time. My Regal is great and will eat from my hand, doesn't bother anyone and picks on nothing, not true of all, but the one I purchased is from the Red Sea. The coral beauty I have always had, no idea how old now, Flame are hit and miss, so I never went ahead with sourcing one. I do want a magnificent foxface, had a line on one and it passed during shipping. I think for now I will not add any more fish, no more for a few years when I build my final tank.

Jason Bell

Love them Blue Spotted Jawfish, great addition to the tank and very entertaining. Just watch them Zoa's as they could bury them very quickly if they on the sand bed.
He circled around a little and has since been in hiding under a large nepthia. Seems that is the go to place for any new comers to the tank. The Gem tang is now swimming right along with the black tang and eating well, so all is good with those guys.

Jason Bell

Finally getting around to installing the skin and begin sorting out my wire nightmare.

Back shot of the side skins.

20210605_183003.jpg

Right end cover.

20210605_183018.jpg

Left end cover.
20210605_183057.jpg

Installed and wired up.
20210605_195129_HDR.jpg

20210605_195211_HDR_compress44~2.jpg

One issue, will need longer feed to the controller for the pumps on the far end, just not long enough no matter which way I try to run the line. The logo can flip through colors, patterns, fades etc. I'm sure I will be advised by the GF which color is to remain lol.

Back side once installed of the fan controller, have not finished the settings yet, but fan will rev up and down based on what temp you want to try and maintain. Each end panel has a unit with its own probe.

20210605_194751.jpg

Break time now, then install the other end that holds a DOS and EB8 or whatever the power bar is called.

Seasquirt

It does look sweet, I suppose this is a case of if you can imagine it then it can be built. I too am looking forward to the final product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jason Bell

It does look sweet, I suppose this is a case of if you can imagine it then it can be built. I too am looking forward to the final product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Still miles to go, waiting on the custom ATO, but I have the rest, figure no better time than now to get things more in order. Then I can play with the little bio cube.

Seasquirt

Since you like your Damsels so much, I thought why not give them a try, the 6 Blue Springeri Damsels are brightening up the tank.
IMG_0033.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk