My 40 Gallon Tall Mixed Reef !

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Corals from the coral brandford show , great stuff there !

Not sure the name of these, anyone know ? I was told it was from reef raft ..
image.jpg

Forest Fire digi
image.jpg

Tiny maxima blue clam
image.jpg

Another great year and can't wait for the next one !:)

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Well yesterday was my 1st day living in the new house ( my tank has been set up there since early sept this year). I only went once a day over to feed and check on things , and my 1st day there and I lost my clam :'(.... I'm so upset he was doing great and was fully open , and I have no one to blame but my self he was about 2" away from my dragon soul and a acan and my clam is mush , and the scan beside the clam (farthest away from the dragon soul) only has 1 head left ... in so pissed off I knew they had feeding tenticals but I never had a issue in the past and this was the first , now I know my tanks to crowded .. I lost a beautiful clam and I'm so disappointed

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
So Sad to hear about the clam bud, but there is always a next time though, now you will be more on top of the tank, try and make some adjustments to coral placement and see where that gets you, might be time for a upgrade again;)

Luke.

Distinguished Member
So Sad to hear about the clam bud, but there is always a next time though, now you will be more on top of the tank, try and make some adjustments to coral placement and see where that gets you, might be time for a upgrade again;)

Yes I can't have no more corals in the 40 the wife says. No more lol. Once the besement is done I'm thinking of upgrading then probably just a 90 or a 120

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Jheeeeeeeezz!!! Nice looking tank. Still don't know how I can get my clowns to host...

Thanks a lot ! It's been slow but I jut need things to grow in now lol. And mine took a little while to get hooked on the anemone, my clowns have always had one for 2 years. Try picture in the front of the glass and maybe try switching out the anemone ? Clowns are very picky lol and stubborn.

ColbytheClown

Thanks a lot ! It's been slow but I jut need things to grow in now lol. And mine took a little while to get hooked on the anemone, my clowns have always had one for 2 years. Try picture in the front of the glass and maybe try switching out the anemone ? Clowns are very picky lol and stubborn.
Lol thx. What do you mean by switching the new out. I have 3. Should the pic be coloured??

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Lol thx. What do you mean by switching the new out. I have 3. Should the pic be coloured??

Yeah never mind keep the anemones if you have 3.

The pic below I hear works the best print it bigger full sheet if you can and tape it to the glass ,
Again it might work but it might not.

Attachments

• IMG_0607.PNG
    IMG_0607.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 123

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Also 2 old corals that I had and been threw hell and back ! More then 5 times over 2 years it's been in a few moves , and tank swaps lol .

IMG_1730.PNG

IMG_1733.PNG

IMG_1732.PNG

IMG_1734.PNG

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Well a lot has happened over the past few months , (due to my falt) and lost a lot of coral (mostly all sps and some Lps) always a learning curve and there's no such thing as doing to much research, hopefully it's smooth sailing from here . Here's some pics from tonight ,

Pics are from I phone 7 plus . 0 photo edit .

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Haven't been active much on the tank thread , lost almost 75% of corals due to a lack of testing / alk drop , so after 3 months or so of waiting and getting things back to par . I've visited a few fragtank members and a few stores and added a bit . Now with all the test kits I need there will be no more mishaps lol .. (in theory)
Here's

Green monti from @UltraLPS
IMG_0278.JPG

Ultra acans from @UltraLPS very hard to snap a good pic but they are beautiful
IMG_0293.JPG

Pink zipper zoa from @UltraLPS amazing zoas !
IMG_0299.JPG

Canycane coral from @kapelan
IMG_0301.JPG

Miami vice zoas from @kapelan
IMG_0300.JPG

Zoas from @CanadaCorals.com

IMG_0302.JPG

Thankfully my main acans survived my fav would have been very upset if they died

IMG_0291.JPG

Big thanks to everyone who's helped me out and for the amazing corals !:)

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Well it’s been a while since I’ve had the curage to post anything it’s been a very rough few months for my tank and my person life , was just about to shut the tank down but after some very good guidance from a good friend on mine on the great fourm (you know who you are) they kept me head up above the water and helped me along the way , so a very special thanks to you ! And I owe you big time buddy !! , so anyways things have finally been back on track and over the last 6 months my tank went from packed to pretty much bare .. so here’s a wee sneak peak on some stuff that survived , except all my nice sps that was 1st to go :(

Yes a lot of it has lost colour and over half the colony’s died but Things have picked up for sure !

Pics are all from iPhone 7 Plus with 0 edit just took them and posted em ! Hope you enjoy . :)

4EEF02A9-E560-4BB2-A390-D16C0587517D.jpeg

3C5D79EA-6E11-44F2-B92A-CF7B2CD6549F.jpeg

040F289F-CC1A-4865-8283-062E6A5446AC.jpeg

764ED63E-DEB9-4550-BF1E-120DB2F6515F.jpeg

04572A81-CB67-472C-934E-1CB90034124F.jpeg

7CF80770-C3E3-446F-A6CE-61081403E517.jpeg

6F8023CF-C30F-4901-B253-8A3B9EE362B2.jpeg

38AAF6D5-1575-407C-9B1B-0AB45CA421FA.jpeg

02EA552E-B1FC-4C4E-8AD7-ECADE6425075.jpeg

5429BFDB-B4DB-4F53-AEB7-1833ABD62B5C.jpeg