My 40 Gallon Tall Mixed Reef !

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Not much coral left but few things that are there are starting to take off .

D049C911-F939-4213-A6D2-6A5B41C997E4.jpeg

5A0AD948-7BD2-452B-B4A0-F65EB6655E4A.jpeg

FD3A3F82-4167-4F4E-BAE1-3197F53B0B75.jpeg

56189242-C104-47CE-869C-33127A423975.jpeg

Attachments

• 9034AB0D-4B68-43FE-9550-BB68425C0D08.jpeg
    9034AB0D-4B68-43FE-9550-BB68425C0D08.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 262

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Weee update , had the wrasse in the main dt and the only one who seem interested in him was my tang , he followed the wrasse (slower then the wrasse was moving) and that was it lasted maybe 20 seconds,

At this point I thought the wrasse would hide in the sand or rock work (as I’ve always expected in the past) but nope he took 30 min to adjust and then for the next 5-7 hours was just eating like crazy pecking at the glass all over the tank , I was happy because I knew he was off to a great start ,

So keep in mind this leopard wrasse is maybe 1” 1/2 - 1” 3/4 very small , so I decided to take him out today (a day later) because he would have killed all the pods off and no chance of my trying to get him on other foods ,

As of right now he’s in his own tank and I added live brine shrimp (I hatched) and he’s been eating them for the past 45 min , I’m going to keep him in here until I can get him eating frozen (I think he’s just to small to eat anything else then pods and brine atm)

I want him to grow a little more I’m worried he will get picked on now being the smallest fish and vitamins you guys could recommend for add to the food ? Other then Garlic

No filter on this tank , I’ll be watching salinity everyday , and watch nitrates and do a small wc when needed , I might add some lr , but when I had him in the tank all day yesterday he never once was interested in it , just the glass with pods and what not .

image.jpg

Kman

Super Active Member
I use AminOmega by Brightwells and American Marine Selcon.

Kman

Super Active Member
If you are feeding live brine you should gut load them just before feeding. That way they are at their peak for nutrition once fed. green water is a good choice or a small amount of a good quality flake food. I would take the portion you intend to feed out and into its own container. That way if you feed a little extra you arn't affecting the main culture water quality.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
If you are feeding live brine you should gut load them just before feeding. That way they are at their peak for nutrition once fed. green water is a good choice or a small amount of a good quality flake food. I would take the portion you intend to feed out and into its own container. That way if you feed a little extra you arn't affecting the main culture water quality.

About 12 ish hrs in I add about 50 mills of live phyto to about 650 mills on saltwater (1.18 salinity) for the brine wait 24hrs then feed a bit and sometimes will wait 36-48hrs if I want them bigger size ,

What would happen if I added vitamins to the live brine ? Would it work or kill them sooner ?

Kman

Super Active Member
I have always just added them gave them 30 min and fed them. I have not left them to sit. if you are worried test it on a small batch and see.