New 200g Build

heath

Distinguished Member
no, i want somebody else to move it,. and it and the movers be covered by someone elses insurance...

300.00 is pretty cheap when you consider the cost of the tank...:) and it doesn't take all day for everyone to decide when to do it...

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
We used Lipps movers to move our house hold furniture in the fall. The owner is a hippy sort. But a good guy

dale

20160707_181218.jpg
20160708_174807.jpg
20160709_191610.jpg
20160709_191625.jpg
Some stand pics... glued n screwed

Last edited:

Pipes

Not to criticize, but I'd knock that vertical 2x4 out of the center of the bottom of the stand. You would have more space to work in the cabinet. With a sheet of foam board to protect the sump, and a lower position you could run a larger skimmer and other equipment, and have more vertical space to hang stuff.

Looks pretty in blue.:)

dale

Not to criticize, but I'd knock that vertical 2x4 out of the center of the bottom of the stand. You would have more space to work in the cabinet. With a sheet of foam board to protect the sump, and a lower position you could run a larger skimmer and other equipment, and have more vertical space to hang stuff.

Looks pretty in blue.:)

you mean the horizontal 2x6 across the bottom?...its catching my "H" braces that are supporting the upper cross brace prob dont need it...the sump will be in the basement, the stand will prob have drawers like a dresser, made of barnboard,, we hope..

Pipes

you mean the horizontal 2x6 across the bottom?...its catching my "H" braces that are supporting the upper cross brace prob dont need it...the sump will be in the basement, the stand will prob have drawers like a dresser, made of barnboard,, we hope..
I think so. The one in the middle of the stand, on it's side. That would give you another 5 1/2" of working space above the sump. Just put down some foam insulation to protect the glass from the plywood though. You'll thank yourself later.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I think so. The one in the middle of the stand, on it's side. That would give you another 5 1/2" of working space above the sump. Just put down some foam insulation to protect the glass from the plywood though. You'll thank yourself later.
Basement sump...he's probably got about 7 feet of working space...lol