Letsdiscus

All livestock in the new home
IMG_7430.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letsdiscus

Most of my rock is Tonga. Dont know how many lbs though but 2 big pieces wth lots of small tunnels and 1 ledge made a cave out of it and rest are distributed on the left side where my orange monti mother colony is

Letsdiscus

Basically trying to divide my tank between lps and sps. Left side will be sps under kessil and right is mix of lps n mushrooms under GHL mitras. Looks like i need to add another kessil for the center for the brain and flowerpot. The currnt kessil is narrow beam so not Able to get a wider spread

Letsdiscus

Added my big boy Apex in its own special place on the wall next to the Tank.
Wall mounted supports with the back board and painted them. The gap in between the wall and the board helps in efficient cable management and hides most of the clutter.. more pics to follow as have yet to complete tidying up..

IMG_7391.JPG
IMG_7392.JPG
IMG_7393.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7389.JPG
    IMG_7389.JPG
    605.7 KB · Views: 57

Letsdiscus

It was from one of the 7 in 1 games which comes with a small pool table, checkers board etc. This board was a checkers board which made good use here.

Letsdiscus

I think I am in Love again... The only differnence this time is its with my new tank build

If only there was a job which would allow me to sit and watch my tank the whole day and still get paid...
IMG_7430.JPG

Letsdiscus

almost 1 month complete since cycling was completed.. a few additions to the Live stock in the new tank done....

- 1 Brown powder Tang- Purchased from Lynda from Sea Life-London. Currently battling with Ick on him :(
- 4 Green Chromis
- Orange spot diamond goby.. -This guy is a rock star to keep sand bed clean
- Got a wonderful GSP in swap with my Montipora coral huge frag piece from a local hobbyist
- Torch coral frag

Sorry- all pics are from my iphone camera.. so some may not be too clear...

Attachments

• IMG_7475.JPG
    IMG_7475.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7476.JPG
    IMG_7476.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7477.JPG
    IMG_7477.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7478.JPG
    IMG_7478.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 69

Letsdiscus

Sargassum Triggers

Anyone having experienced keeping this Trigger in your Reef Tank..

Reed Safe with Caution??
Safe as Blue Throat Triggers??

Thoughts??

Letsdiscus

SOS...Battlng an Ick outbreak...

Anyone having expertise/suggestions besides getting all the fishes out in a QT . Catching them would b an ordeal.

I kick started my UV last weekend.. Whole issue started from fragfest weekend when i brought home the brown powder tang from sea life centrAl.

Not blaming anyone here but since this morning i have lost him due to ick and now my loyal flame angel is also covered with ick..

Would a temp reduction and a water change help??

Quitr honest have never faced such an outbreak in my entire time of reef keeping. Was always an advocate of UV and that seemed to save the day..

Perhaps i did get carried away by adding new livestock too quickly...

Letsdiscus

SOS...Battlng an Ick outbreak...

Anyone having expertise/suggestions besides getting all the fishes out in a QT . Catching them would b an ordeal.

I kick started my UV last weekend.. Whole issue started from fragfest weekend when i brought home the brown powder tang from sea life centrAl.

Not blaming anyone here but since this morning i have lost him due to ick and now my loyal flame angel is also covered with ick..

Would a temp reduction and a water change help??

Quitr honest have never faced such an outbreak in my entire time of reef keeping. Was always an advocate of UV and that seemed to save the day..

Perhaps i did get carried away by adding new livestock too quickly...

Hoping someone can respond to this post who has encounterd ick in their tank and been successful treating it without rippjng out the whole system.
I am not requesting "Likes" for this post but would be of help of any remedy/suggestions from people with their own experience and encounters..

Thanks

MeridiaRose

I used polyp lab medic when I had an ich issue. I only have a few corals in my tank, but this stuff worked great. It's reef safe, never bothered any of my corals.

I had a petty severe outbreak with ich, all of my fish caught it so I dosed for 20 days instead of 10 and it cleared right up and hasn't been back since, fingers crossed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Letsdiscus

I used polyp lab medic when I had an ich issue. I only have a few corals in my tank, but this stuff worked great. It's reef safe, never bothered any of my corals.

I had a petty severe outbreak with ich, all of my fish caught it so I dosed for 20 days instead of 10 and it cleared right up and hasn't been back since, fingers crossed.

Many thanks. So any impact on lps or montis..
Where can i get it ??

MeridiaRose

Many thanks. So any impact on lps or montis..
Where can i get it ??

Absolutely no impact on any coral. I purchased mine from j&l aquatics, but that will take some time to ship. As far as I know you can get it from big als.