Monnishan

For now I'm holding off on a controller system but am an interested follower on this. I may add one eventually as my tank matures .

Winks

Website Affiliate
So I decided to send in a water sample to Triton. I got the results and for a new tank, I must say I was happy to see the results that came in. Some were surprising and some I knew about from my testing. The thing that I was surprised about the most is something that I probably would never have tested for. Zinc! So I have been busy searching for the source. The only thing that I can figure out is the body wash that I use when showering. I always shower after work and before working in my tank. It's the only source that I can find. I made sure when I built the stand that I did not use any galvanized bolts, screws or anything. I know that galvanizing is zinc coating and know enough not to use it near salt water. Anyway, here is a link to my results. I knew that my PO4 was elevated and am working on getting that resolved.

https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/aquarium/auswertung-b/icp-oes/62842/

Take a look, would be interested in any comments about the test.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Just a small update. Finally got around to building the new home for the Apex. Need to get the finishing work done but the general idea is this. Eventually to the right of the stand will be my 75 gallon, which will also be hooked up to the Apex. I guess the table will become firewood.:rolleyes:

IMG_20181005_211501.jpg

gowyn

So I have decided, to do some upgrades for this tank.
My plans are :

APEX EL
Bashsea Sump ( 48" )
Ecotech M1 Return Pump
Ecotech MP40wQD ( can't decide if I want 1 x MP40 or 2 x MP10 )
Of course, there will be more Neptune equipment as time goes on.

Wow will have to save my pennies for a while to get everything I want but I am a very patient person and know patience is a virtue.

Just in the planning stage myself, have already accumulated some gear, Bashsea sump, BS skimmer and media reactors too. Plan on picking up the Apex, a pair of MP40s or 10s, can’t decide and I was going to get the Ecotech M1 but I understand Apex won’t play nice with it so I’ve decided on the Neptune COR20.

Both are great pumps, just a thought.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Just in the planning stage myself, have already accumulated some gear, Bashsea sump, BS skimmer and media reactors too. Plan on picking up the Apex, a pair of MP40s or 10s, can’t decide and I was going to get the Ecotech M1 but I understand Apex won’t play nice with it so I’ve decided on the Neptune COR20.

Both are great pumps, just a thought.

I have decided to go with 2 MP40WQPs. I eventually want to have some SPS so the more flow the better from what I have read. I went with the M1 because I already have Radions on the tank and have a Reeflink so when I looked into the pumps, I like the fact that when you go into feed mode, the M1 ramps back up slowly.

Winks

Website Affiliate
I was at work today when a text message came in. The message said something to the effect that there was no damage.
IMG_20181026_222014[1].jpg

So I dropped everything I was doing and took the rest of the day off then went to 998 Oxford St. E, London (Sustainable Marine Canada). I grabbed the box and took it home. I was very excited!!

Winks

Website Affiliate
I started to open it. It was very well packaged. The corners had foam blocks to stop any shifting that might occur during shipping. There was wood placed at the ends to prevent any damage that might happen. Braces across the top so that it would not cave in. Probably some of the best packaging I've ever seen.

IMG_20181026_223250[1].jpg

My first thought was "WOW"

Copperkills

I was at work today when a text message came in. The message said something to the effect that there was no damage.View attachment 17601

So I dropped everything I was doing and took the rest of the day off then went to 998 Oxford St. E, London (Sustainable Marine Canada). I grabbed the box and took it home. I was very excited!!
Oh there was damage!!! About $1000 bucks worth lol I love that sump!!

gowyn

I touched it....haha

Saw it at the store before you picked it up. Very nice unit.

I have the BS cube under my 60 cube. Love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Winks

Website Affiliate
The piping is in! Now comes the work of changing it over to the new sump/ I'm seriously thinking about leaving the door off the stand once I have the new sump in. Seems a shame to cover this sump up. What're everyone's thoughts?

IMG_20181106_181514.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
Well looks like the doors will be put to the side.

Had another delivery today. I made the stand for my Apex, painted some parts then sent them to @TORX and he came up with this awesome design for grommets and 3D printed these for me. I'm now putting the stand back together and will get my equipment mounted and show you the final product in a few days but couldn't wait to show everyone the great work Torx did for me.
torx-neptune.jpg