Newbie's New Fusion 40 Build :)

Canadianeh

Thank you to @CrownEye for his generosity in donating his Clownfish and Xenia coral. Thanks man! They are in QT tank now and has survived the first 24 hours :)
20161121_220923_zpsrha2viln.jpg

20161121_064908_zpsemxjfism.jpg

Last edited:

Canadianeh

Canadianeh

I like the rock placement.

Thank you. I managed to make 4 caves out of the placement. The first residents are 1 Xenia frag, 3 trochus snails and 3 margarita snails. Boy......aren't you guys right....those Trochus are really hard working guys! They clean 95% of my diatom in a few days. This weekend I will pick up 3 Astrea snails (for cyanobacteria just in case) and 3 Nassarius snails to clean the deep sand bed as there are diatoms in it as well.

Last edited:

Kman

Super Active Member
They are power horse for sure and earn their keep. They will plow through diatoms like they are going out of style. lol

Canadianeh

Looking good so far, keep up the good work!
Thanks! First fish in yesterday an orange occelaris clown. I am looking to get a second one on boxing day, and I want a bit fancier for the second one such as black ice or onyx picasso.
I also bought 2 nassarius snails yesterday.

Thion

Thanks! First fish in yesterday an orange occelaris clown. I am looking to get a second one on boxing day, and I want a bit fancier for the second one such as black ice or onyx picasso.
I also bought 2 nassarius snails yesterday.

If you're planning on getting another clown on boxing day I would be checking ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels a lot this week to make sure there's no spikes.. adding too much too quick can cause a whole lotta bad.