RapidLED Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamS

Umm Mike told me he was going to ship Friday, and emailed cause he had a problem with my warm white leds (yes warm white). Anyways we figured it out and i assume it got out on friday or today, but i have not got official word. I will email now to find out.

(The last post was a joke)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
AdamS link said:
I hope this is enough light for my 35G  ;D

Check your email if you ordered!

Wow, that is a lot of LEDs. Nice to see some people went for the solderless ones. COMPLETELY worth the extra few pennies for them. I wouldn't buy soldered ones again.

xxmurrxx

How you all making out with your builds?
Got my order about 5 days after you guys, all mounted, and tested.
Just need to work on optics and mounting now

Anyone notice the solder-less connection on the royal blues coming loose?  Had one pop off and several others start to wiggle.
They were the first I did so maybe I was pushing too hard to connect them.

AdamS

My build is installed. I built a quick 2x4 stand to hang the lights while i build a canopy. Everything was straightforward except the lenses. The lenses did not fit properly on the UV's. One lense fell off and i still have to fix it.

I intend to take out the blue LEDs and replace with royal blue. The attached picture shows the problem with the blue leds.

AdamS

Just took this one, dont mind the kids crap everywhere or my led drivers on plywood, that will be fixed once i have my diy reef controller done.

My wife stained it and put an extra coat on the doors, she feels horrible, but its not as noticable in person. I intend to build a matching canopy, maybe on monday if i get adventurous.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
See what I mean though about one bulb making the difference even in so many?  I -think- I may have 4 or 5 blues in my whole build, so they have blended in well.  Sorry I didn't make it over, possibly this weekend? I'm sure it looks much better in person than the photo lol.

msteane

Here's the result of swapping out 4 neutral whites for 4 royal blues.  (Well, as close as I could get my camera to capture.  Both look a bit bluer in the pictures than in real life).

Before:
P2140053_zpsa8b73423.jpg

After:
P2190122_zps7cd216db.jpg

P2190126_zps899658e2.jpg

P2190127_zps7bcfc36e.jpg

P2190128_zpsfaba8ea0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.