RapidLED Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
He responded and told me basically I shouldn't be complaining since I'm saving 10-15%.  Well it's not 10-15% if we are paying extra!!  how much is the discount on $2K anyway?

Sorry, I'm not difficult, I just do negotiations for a living, and leaving out an important part of the 'final price' is underhanded really grinds my gears. 

AdamS

Its 10%, so....carry the one....about $200. So if we get dinged a little for shipping, im not gonna get too bent out of shape. Honestly i was gonna buy at full price anyways.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Right...but count in gas, count in possible duty, maybe taxes... If I ordered direct to our Port huron PO box, used my wife's gas card, and opened the box and made everything look 'old', then it is free shipping, no gas and no duty.  Know what I mean?  On my $400 order the discount is $40.  A few bucks to you (which of course is fair), shipping to this clown, then maybe duty, and well that $40 is $0.  Not really a savings is my point :)

AdamS

Agreed 10% is not great. I really wasnt excited for 10%. However it is something and I thought it would help a few people out with smaller orders...

It is likely to be just about a wash, but either way we are ordering the Leds, and this way the more money is going into our economy (taxes) rather than to the guy in california.

Also what you have not included is your time to drive to port huron and back... Saves you that as well

xxmurrxx

For me it's basically free shipping to my address.
I may have to pay duty, but I'm prepared for that, If the group buy does not go through I'll be ordering anyway just would be nice to have the 50.xx bucks off.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
AdamS link said:
Agreed 10% is not great. I really wasnt excited for 10%. However it is something and I thought it would help a few people out with smaller orders...

It is likely to be just about a wash, but either way we are ordering the Leds, and this way the more money is going into our economy (taxes) rather than to the guy in california.

Also what you have not included is your time to drive to port huron and back... Saves you that as well

Heh my wife is there all the time, doesn't cost me any time.  :)   

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=AdamS link=topic=4071.msg37525#msg37525 date=1359062698]

[/quote]

Just go sell a house. Then you can buy everyone's order ;)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
jerry_doucette link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4071.msg37528#msg37528 date=1359063044]
[quote author=AdamS link=topic=4071.msg37525#msg37525 date=1359062698]

[/quote]

Just go sell a house. Then you can buy everyone's order ;)
[/quote]

You can't tell me what to do!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Okay.  I updated the order every day to keep it 'fresh' and today it wiped it out on me, it will take me a while to figure out what I had ordered,then I'll send you a screenshot.  Shoot me your email addy in PM. 

AdamS

Sorry all, i have a few emails, have not had a chance to go through them. A few 15 hour days and a 2 year old that thinks sleep is over rated has killed me. I will compile everything tonight or tomorrow and let everyone know.

If you havent sent me something and said you would, please do. If you still want in, you still have time, but please hurry.

Adam

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Adam,

No worries.....
Thanks for the post to keep us up to date!!
Does it look good for the 2k mark?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

S

saltnureye

Sorry for the delay busy weekend and I was not at my comp for more than a few minutes.

Email sent with order, screen capture and contact info.  Let me know if you need anything else.

Once again thanks for getting this going Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.