Reefers 135g Sps Dominated Reef.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Added a copperband butterfly, Mandarin Goby, and a head of Gold Torch. Pics to follow tommorrow. The copperband was already sitting in IAs frag table for a month and eatig PE Mysis, so hopefully i have better luck with this guy..unfortunately right away my yellow tang was picking on him, so i turned out all the lights to gove everyone a chance to settle.

heath

Distinguished Member
good idea, when I add new fish I turn all the lights out and wrap the tank for 24 hrs.. so far its worked for me.. I have fish in the tank THAT SHOULD never be together..

heath

Distinguished Member
It works, my tank gets sunlight/daylight so that's why I wrap the tank, to simulate night time..something selse I have started doing is when they are in the pail being dripped I give then a little food, for me it does 2 things; tells me that the fish is eating and I think it tends to calm them down a bit..

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Looks good. How's he working for aptasia? How's the algae going too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Looks good. How's he working for aptasia? How's the algae going too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So far i havent seen him touching any aips yet, i hope he does because the population of them is starting to get out of control again, but he does eat PE Mysis like a champ
. And the algae is gone for the most part except for a cpl rocks where it just wont go away...and bryopsis came back because i ran out of tech m, and kinda forgot about it aince it started dissapearing :(. Back to square 1 with that crap lol.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Looks good. My CBB didn't start really attacking my aiptasias until it exhausted other easier food souces in the tank like tube worms. It might take some time

Your rocks are looking much better. A lot less algae I see in your pics.
Yeah theres just a few rocks where i cant seem to get rid of it..im trying tho. Are the phosban 150s to small for my system? Should i be going to the 550?

Last edited:

Kman

Super Active Member
It took months before I noticed any changes in aiptasia population. But then one day it just started to show the results. Mine also exhausted all other easier food before it ate the aiptasia.

Kman

Super Active Member
I know the frustration with Aiptasia all to well. I have been battling them in some form or another for 20 years now. Because of the Copperband I have none left in my DT. So I am sure you will see big progress any day now.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
My ccb just finished all of the aiptasia and die:(, I think it from hunger. They do a good job of it, just hope it won't come back or I have to get another one

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
My ccb just finished all of the aiptasia and die:(, I think it from hunger. They do a good job of it, just hope it won't come back or I have to get another one
Was your not feeding on frozen foods??

I know the frustration with Aiptasia all to well. I have been battling them in some form or another for 20 years now. Because of the Copperband I have none left in my DT. So I am sure you will see big progress any day now.
Will they only eat small aips? Or will they go after the big ones too??