Reefers 135g Sps Dominated Reef.

Kman

Super Active Member
At first mine did the small ones but then started on the big ones. To speed it up I used Red Sea Aiptasia X on the big ones in conjunction with the Copperband. Worked like a charm.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Mine tears apart big ones. Sucks down big tentacles like spaghetti then picks at the base until there is nothing left. I still have some in my sump. I move some into the DT now and then as a treat.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
:D
And thanks brandon, i appreciate that.
really?i dont see a fts brandon but i do see algea and waiting on the thousands of dollar pics
Im just doing a water change and ill grab pics after...what do you Fts with pics of individual corals with theyre name and cost beside them?? W.e you want, since you dont believe me.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Not a big deal kid I'm just busting your chops because I don't feel the maintenance of your system is letting you come to your full potential. Brandon had lots of algae issues as well and I wouldn't buy any livestock off of him either

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk HD

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Thats fine, everyone goes through their own trials in this hobby. Im not concerned tho if you wouldnt buy any livestock from me. This is why i havent advertised to much anymore for coral, i wnt to make sure what i sell isnt infested with anything. Theres not a whole lot that can really be done maintenance wise if i have leaching rocks tho, besides frequent gfo changes and water changes??? Even then itll take time, because im not tearing it down and starting fresh, thats just nonsense.1And i think most people have had their fair share of Hair algae while being in this hobby.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Oh hell, it ain't that bad. I think mine has been worse even lol. Definitely recoverable, just go slow and no quick fixes.
No, the ha isnt out of controll but the bryopsis is starting to, and the aips a little bit. Just an OCD type thing for me, if it shouldnt be there, than why the f@ck is it?!?! Lol but its definately not quite as bad as i make it sound, i just cant stand it.

heath

Distinguished Member
Thats fine, everyone goes through their own trials in this hobby. Im not concerned tho if you wouldnt buy any livestock from me. This is why i havent advertised to much anymore for coral, i wnt to make sure what i sell isnt infested with anything. Theres not a whole lot that can really be done maintenance wise if i have leaching rocks tho, besides frequent gfo changes and water changes??? Even then itll take time, because im not tearing it down and starting fresh, thats just nonsense.1And i think most people have had their fair share of Hair algae while being in this hobby.
the big thing is to recognise the problem, find out where its coming from and treat it..it will take you some diligence and time to correct it, give yourself few months it won't happen overnite..