Reefers 135g Sps Dominated Reef.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Well ripped all my acros out tonight and started the dipping process. Already lost my Jawdropper, pink lemonade, red dragon, tri colour, most of my hawkins. Then was forced to reaquascape since my rocks decided they didnt like the way they were stacked...such a pain in the ass aquascaping, thats the one thing i cant stand doing in this hobby, makes me snap lol. Happy with the new aquascape tho, 2 nice big islands.

heath

Distinguished Member
Ivery nice, I hear what your saying about aquascape, I hate it too, its almost a 2 person job unless you enjoy getting up and down from a step stool or ladder..

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Aquascaping is something that just come with time and experience.

I personally love Aquascaping a reef tank. Let's your imagination run wild and be creative

Sony Xperia Z3
I just hate that i can never nake it very stable.. drives me looney lol. As soon as i think i have it where i want it something starts shifting lol.

heath

Distinguished Member
try turning the rock and grinding it in when you place them, that's what I do and it helps..but, I hear you, you thing its fine and then you step back and have a look and its sometimes awful...

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I always hated aquascaping too (no matter what my vision was, all I ended up with after a bit of shifting was a pile of rocks) then I started using cement and acrylic rods and it became one of my favourite things!

heath

Distinguished Member
but then you are stuck with just one design, kind of like changing the furniture around. I have even done a dry run and did the aqua scaping on my coffee table and then the tank and it never turns out exactly like I want it..

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
When i originallt set up the 135 i tried the island scape, but failed horribly. And was rushing to get done, but i think tbis time around it turned out a little better, minus all my hacked up acros on the bottom of the tank and frag rack lol.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Well some good news, after yesterdays dip i looked in my dipping pails and maybe counted 3 or 4 aefw. Which is a big difference from 3 weeks ago where a good 50 atleast were falling off in each bucket. So i think i'm finally on top of them and slowly beating them...i hope lol!!

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Did a round of tests today, and here are my results.
Alk- 7.8(Hanna) 7.7(Salifert)
Ca- 405
Mg-1290
Sr- 22
Ph-8.2
N03-0
P04-0.00
S.G-1.0255
Going to slowly bring up the big 3 to 8.4, 420, 1350. Still battling algae even tho im getting 0 for nutrients.
Added my backup jebao RW20 for extra flow to help with cyano, and the build up of nasty on the surface of my water. Corals seem to be reacting nicely to the more turbulent flow.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Well some good news! I believe the AEFW plague is finally over. Dod a dip today and couldnt see anything that resembled one. I wouldnt wish this type of thing on anyone lol. A royal PITA haha. But, going to remount everything after there rinse and hope everything colours back up nicely.