Reefer's 75g reef.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
So after a week or so without alk reagent i havent been able to check my alk after hooking up my doser. I found my alk at 7.1, which isnt that bad considerig its been a good week and a half. And was at 8.4 at the last test. Also got 3 salifert test kits from my sis today Ph, Cal, and nitrates.

ALK- 7.1
Ca- 450
Mg- 1350
Ph- 8.0
N03- 25-30

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
So never really had to deal with this when it came to adding zoas to my system.. anyone have any ideas on what can be done..2 of the 4 polyps ive never seen open, which i think this is due to a asterina star munching on them but not sure. But the one struggles only.opens about half way and the baby one seems to fully open. Do i just leave them? These are my hallucinations too btw. Expensive ones always seem to wanna do this lol.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Hi Riley,
I have always been told from hobbyists keeping the hallucinations that they light low light and low flow.... Looking at your pic above it appears as though the hallucinations are on the same rack as sps requiring much higher lighting and flow... Personally, I would move them lower to your sandbed...
I would find a spot for them and just leave them NBA
. I don't think you have had them much more than a couple weeks and they may have suffered in my tank from very low nutrients.... I'm hoping you can get them looking nice again....
I doubt anybody here in this country is going to be able to provide you with any kind of info on this particular zoo. Perhaps try posting on r2r forum would get you much better advice IME . Sometimes a single coral just doesn't want to do well and can die... I doubt there is anyone in the world who can suggest or know the exact reason why a frag goes poof when others are doing great....
It's just te way this hobby goes.... I would be thankful you are having as much success as you are because most ppl in this hobby do not have anywhere near the success you are having in the short time you have been in the hobby.... Many struggle for years and it is easy to lose thousand in corals and fish all within just 24
Hours even.... My two cents :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk