Salty Cracker's "new Tank" Deconstruction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Yeah but he wants $15 to ship 2 tubes, so it ends up being $45 after tax, and while it sounds weird, I'd rather just drive somewhere and pick it up than pay 2x shipping ;)
All I've ever gotten there were uniseals and odd plumbing pieces and I always picked it up myself....for the same reason. I hate paying more for shipping than for the product...

Not sure if you can still do that...made sense when I was in Barrie for business all the time...

I'll look out my corner clamps for you...

Last edited:

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I'll likely hold out for the lee valley ones, I have had need of ones like that a couple of times so it's not a bad investment... but thanks guys :)

reefdiver

Website Affiliate
Website
www.sustainablemarinecanada.ca
ec06e5b7abb92d3ae2d9ac80184d4133.jpg
804adbfc4e7ebf19d84aa126ea15ee6b.jpg
3ec314698bae22cbbfc612ced943a9df.jpg

Many days later than the shipping I paid for. Thanks a lot Canada Post.
But it's here if you still need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Okay, so thanks to reefdiver I grabbed a couple of tubes, and with a bit of trial and error....I have a tank glued together that I -think- will be strong and watertight. Front pane went in tonight, going to leave that for a few days then yet again try water. If all goes well with that I'm likely just going to go full monty and move everything over and deal with the fallout. Kind of prepared for losses at this point, with all the BS with this tank build, I likely have the patience to just set it up and let it work itself out.

So all things being equal, should have an update in a week or so...

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Okay, so thanks to reefdiver I grabbed a couple of tubes, and with a bit of trial and error....I have a tank glued together that I -think- will be strong and watertight. Front pane went in tonight, going to leave that for a few days then yet again try water. If all goes well with that I'm likely just going to go full monty and move everything over and deal with the fallout. Kind of prepared for losses at this point, with all the BS with this tank build, I likely have the patience to just set it up and let it work itself out.

So all things being equal, should have an update in a week or so...

With how far you have gone, please let it cure for more then a few days :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Seam looks good, not perfect, there's a couple of teeny bubbles, but overall I think I've got success. I'm going to leave it until next Sat, then slowly start filling. If that's a fail I'll have to hire someone to come and do it. I am going to order a couple of end braces for the top, just for peace of mind, and I'll be able to reinforce the back and lower edges. With all that's happened, I'm shocked that the glass is still unscratched.

Status
Not open for further replies.