Salty Cracker's "new Tank" Deconstruction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
my e strrings are .009 diameter, and that stuff smaller than that is like 8lbs test..... I am working these last seams more that 8lb test lol.

Looking at my options with acetone right now...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
fire.jpg
While I wait for silicone, and clean my glass, I snapped a few pics. Sure hope they enjoy the (eventual) move to the new tank...
pic.jpg
keylime.jpg
meteor.jpg
blue.jpg
bonsai.jpg
mystery.jpg

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Definitely seeing reactions from some of the coral, there's still a couple of holdouts...3 millies that are just doing nothing.

I found I can use a pickling lime paste to make "walls" between fighting coral advances, so that will be useful in the future.

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
They really are looking good though, got some really nice colours and sweet white growth tips, that sunset looks to be getting nice and orange/green again, and that mystery similar to keylime growth looks kickass

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I've actually got a couple that I forgot on the last kitchener trip (I ended up finding them in the sump....not all bags float!). I shall be doing some trimming before the move (obviously) :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
It's funny that both the fire and ice and the red/green were hit hardest by the fresh water bath. One is exploding, while the other is "sort of" getting some colour back. Tanks are weird.

Anyone have a technique or formula mix for bleaching rocks? I'm def going to have to bleach out a lot to get rid of the paly's, aiptasia, brown monti, etc etc etc. I'll keep a few seed rocks and try to quarantine as much as possible, but I still want the rock to be added "fresh". ??

Status
Not open for further replies.