Salty's "new" 125

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
125 with 40 gal sump. Dual "ghost" overflows with 2x dry overflow backup.

Am back to being literally where I was Aug 25th. So third time's the charm. As such I am again on the fence about how I finish the tank stand and canopy, I now have access to a ton of ancient old barn wood, which means I could make something totally unique, but anyway, that's a story for another time. As it is, the tank is up, running and slowly coming up to temp.
6.jpg

heath

Distinguished Member
125 with 40 gal sump. Dual "ghost" overflows with 2x dry overflow backup.

Am back to being literally where I was Aug 25th. So third time's the charm. As such I am again on the fence about how I finish the tank stand and canopy, I now have access to a ton of ancient old barn wood, which means I could make something totally unique, but anyway, that's a story for another time. As it is, the tank is up, running and slowly coming up to temp. View attachment 11554

you are a man with determination, I would of given up a long time ago...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I should add big thanks to all of you guys that helped me through this, absolutely awesome, from loaned barrels and skimmers to silicone shipments, piles of wood, offers of help, and even to the guys that want deals on corals because I'm going to kill everything ;)

It's a good group here, and it IS appreciated!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I should add big thanks to all of you guys that helped me through this, absolutely awesome, from loaned barrels and skimmers to silicone shipments and offers of help, and even to the guys that want deals on corals because I'm going to kill everyhting ;)

It's a good group here, and it IS appreciated!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
You better not kill everything!!! I have a lot of real estate to fill once I'm up and running...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
3 of the overflows have leaks at the joints. I -think- they're supposed to be gasket type, but they're glued in, and of COURSE I forgot to put extra glue around them when I had the tank out for LITERALLY MONTHS so I guess again that's my fault. :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Ugh, I can't win. 2 separate heaters in the tank can suddenly only heat it to 70 deg. Guess I'll have to buy another heater just to "get it up".

I swear, this thing is cursed.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Ugh, I can't win. 2 separate heaters in the tank can suddenly only heat it to 70 deg. Guess I'll have to buy another heater just to "get it up".

I swear, this thing is cursed.

I got some big eheim Jagers laying around, let me know and I'll drop some off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I really only need one, not sure why these both can't handle the tank, but technically they are for a frag tank, not 170 gallons...