Salty's "new" 125

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I'm still on the lookout for some acrylic cement. I can dry out the overflows and re-glue from the inside with a looong needle if I can find some, the overflows are all still dripping and that's definitely not good for the long term, but it's running silent which is great. 2x1" drains and 2x 1" dry backups. Also, I don't have any clear pipe, which caused the algae buildup last time.... Feeling optimistic.
I still have lots...I just wasn't here when you dropped off the barrels...I can bring it by sometime when I'm in the city.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Was able to do a 100% water change with salty tears collected at the inauguration
trump.jpg

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
:( purple monster croaked about 2-3 months ago. I think a chalice found it with sweepers (that I didn't know it had) and wiped it out.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
tank.jpg
tank2.jpg
Sort of a carry-over from other thread, I did manage to get a plywood skin on the tank today. I'll slowly add the nice trim, figure out what I'm going to do with staining, etc etc but for now at least I've moved ahead. Only one T5 bulb in there at the moment, but eventually there will be a whole heck of a lot more light...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Okay got the skin pretty much done, and a lot of the internal mounts for lights, power, etc. Now it's pretty much a matter of just adding to it sort of like the photo below it. Also I'll have to figure out how to make it easy to disassemble too, in case I ever had to do something like change out the sump. 3 more full banks of LEDs still to come over. Tricky part isn't the lights, it will be the livestock. Thank god I only have a few fish in the tank..
1.jpg
mini-IMG_5738.jpg

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Okay got the skin pretty much done, and a lot of the internal mounts for lights, power, etc. Now it's pretty much a matter of just adding to it sort of like the photo below it. Also I'll have to figure out how to make it easy to disassemble too, in case I ever had to do something like change out the sump. 3 more full banks of LEDs still to come over. Tricky part isn't the lights, it will be the livestock. Thank god I only have a few fish in the tank.. View attachment 12130 View attachment 12131
Looks like you built a large enough ledge on that to put your beer coaster on it.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I will be putting a fairly big ledge on top and bottom...on top to hide the water line and act as a supplemental frame, and on the bottom up high enough to hide 5-6" of substrate. The tank might only have 12" visible by the time I'm done :)