Sargassum Trigger

Jewel

I might add that a Sargassum and a Blue Throat are best kept in pairs, males and females, now if you could do that, then that would be impressive, with out the mate they won't attain their bright colouring, I know a guy who has both the Sargassum and the Blue Throat in his tank and they get along great. But both are very Grey in colour. I'd rater a Luitenant or an Orange Shoulder or a pair of Blue Throats, Just my choice

Jewel

An average size tank or should I say most popular size tank is a 90 or atleast it used to be, Large tanks were 500 plus but I suppose it depends on your perspective. Ya a 230 is big, certainly big enough. Looking forward to the build.

jroovers

Super Active Member
I've never had a trigger but the seem awesome, ton of character and personality, hope to have one someday.

On another note, I'm sad to tell you that your blue throat jumped out of my tank :(
The worst part about it was that I have my tank covered with BRS screens and a canopy, but I removed one side of the screen while changing a nori clip for my tangs and forgot to place it back. Literally left uncovered overnight and found him dried up on the floor the next morning. It always seems they find the smallest opening and go for it. I am still bummed over it.

The good news is that "yellow belly" is thriving and doing extremely well.

Sorry to hear this Tyler, you certainly are having your fair share of bad luck lately :(

reef keeper

Super Active Member
The thing with pairs of triggers, I think any fish, is that if they don't get along, one will end up injured or dead. I'm just going with a single sargassum. And it leaves me some space for a few other big-ish fish

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I've never had a trigger but the seem awesome, ton of character and personality, hope to have one someday.

Sorry to hear this Tyler, you certainly are having your fair share of bad luck lately :(

yep, its been a tough run but hopefully the bad things are behind me. LOL, it seems like a n imminent death sentence for anything that has been added to my tank.

The thing with pairs of triggers, I think any fish, is that if they don't get along, one will end up injured or dead. I'm just going with a single sargassum. And it leaves me some space for a few other big-ish fish

While its cool to have pairs, triggers can wreak havoc on the bioload, so I would choose "larger" fish cautiously too

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Picked up my sargassum today from the reef boutique in Toronto. That was a fun drive in holiday traffic! I walked in a saw the fish and fell in love. It's about 4-5" and was happily cruising around. It even took a break and came over and looked at me lol. Colin netted it no fuss no muss and I brought it home. He keeps his fish in hypo there so I dripped it for about half an hour or 45 minutes. I took a video. I was PETTING HIM! Awesome little fish. Even fed him a little mysis in the bucket and he ate no problem. He ate a lot actually lol. So he's in my frag tank now with the lights off for the night to settle in.

I'm definitely going to be getting more fish from the reef boutique. It's a beautiful store.

Last edited: