Sargassum Trigger

Jewel

How big is your Frag tank? O sorry congrats. You know it makes a big difference when they net it quikly, I once bought an Orange Shoulder at Als in Oakville. The guy chased it around the tank for 20 Minutes. He bagged it and when I got it home, It was dead in the bag. Yes I got a refund but I certainly learned a lesson that day, If it happens to you just say forget it and go some where else.

I really miss having a big tank, But I had some nice big tanks in my day. I envy you guys and your big tanks.

SamB

Super Active Member
I can't say enough good things about Reef a Boutique in Toronto
I buy all of my fish there as they are super healthy and Colin will not sell a fish unless it is eating
So you are basically guaranteed great livestock
Yes, a pain in the arse to drive in TO traffic - I should know, I'm in it everyday ! : (
But Reef Boutique is well worth the drive and if you are coming from the West, Colin is close to the Dufferin Street exit - just avoid Yorkdale mall if possible !!
Good luck with your new addition !!

Last edited by a moderator:

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Thanks Sam. I had never even heard of it until Heath told me about it. I HATEHATEHATE driving in Toronto, but I'll be going back for sure. Once my tank is setup and cycled I'm going to order these fish

Magnificent foxface
Achilles
Chevron

And I'm trying to decide on an angel. Bellus are unbelievably cool but $$$

SamB

Super Active Member
Glad that Heath could pass along the tip about Colin at RB!
Sounds like a good fish selection That you are planning ; )
Colin also offers a "special order" fish list about twice a year where he will bring in fish from a farm in Florida that offers fish from all around the world. He has worked with them for years.
Great selection and competitive prices.
He said that the next order would be sometime in June. I'm not sure how he generally announces this but if I hear about it, I can post on this forum
You can also check his website: www.reefboutiquetoronto.ca

reef keeper

Super Active Member
He can actually order in whatever you want, whenever you want. I was VERY VERY impressed both with the store, and with Colin personally. Very knowledgeable and very customer focused. We talked for a long time on a number of subjects. We went over my tank, goals, equipment etc. he had good advice about QT, ways to stock the tank, and funny enough.... Do not get a Sohal tang if you like other tangs lol

I'm looking forward to getting my tank in here and getting this project moving forward. I miss my reef SO MUCH!

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
He can actually order in whatever you want, whenever you want. I was VERY VERY impressed both with the store, and with Colin personally. Very knowledgeable and very customer focused. We talked for a long time on a number of subjects. We went over my tank, goals, equipment etc. he had good advice about QT, ways to stock the tank, and funny enough.... Do not get a Sohal tang if you like other tangs lol

I'm looking forward to getting my tank in here and getting this project moving forward. I miss my reef SO MUCH!

i have heard good things about Reef Boutique and Colin. What are his recommendations for QT? I know everyone has different preferences and would be curious about his advice

Young Reefer

Reef Boutique? Where are they located exactly?

3220 dufferin St #16 it is right behind Yorkdale mall. I love the place all the corals are so clean and algae/pest free and fish are always healthy. He had a copperband that wasn't eating and he told me which I think is really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reef keeper

Super Active Member

good morning MR HALIDE!!

His advice is to basically qt the fish same as usual. Treat for ich, flukes etc. I'm holding this trigger in there until the tank is ready which will be about 6 weeks. If there's any issues they will show up by then

He will not sell a fish until it's eating. Guess where my copper band is coming from