Spring Frag Swap - London

C

copperkills

phi delt reefer link said:
Police hall on Adelaide is like $100 but you have to know a cop. Also I don't know if they are open for day time events.

Wonder if we could organize a bus from GTA to bring up some members from there.

I've never heard of a frag swap in the GTA so they might be interested.

We need a couple frag tables for display and a heater and some circulation.

Hmmmm....theres enough members on here ones gotta be a cop!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
copperkills link said:
[quote author=phi delt reefer link=topic=4354.msg40359#msg40359 date=1360629608]
Police hall on Adelaide is like $100 but you have to know a cop. Also I don't know if they are open for day time events.

Wonder if we could organize a bus from GTA to bring up some members from there.

I've never heard of a frag swap in the GTA so they might be interested.

We need a couple frag tables for display and a heater and some circulation.

Hmmmm....theres enough members on here ones gotta be a cop!
[/quote]

No way man, we've been careful, no way a cop got past all the defenses! 

C

copperkills

So has a location been picked... I havnt follwed the whole thread.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I'm trying to get the lambeth legion hall, just because of the easy location next to the 401 and the 402, but I'm -hopefully- meeting the girl that rents it out on Friday and see if it will work or not.  We held a function there not too long ago and it turned out quite well. 

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Ok so You just had to pick my birthday as the date lol

Also the site looks good.  If you are firm with the sponser prices you can tentatively put me down for a gold sponser.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I think for sure if we can get this posted on a few us sites, that are close to the border we will have them coming over once they see what some of these guys have going on coral wise and the price they sell it at.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
One thing I think we shouldn't do is have all these pre sales like last fall swap. Kinda ruins the whole point of the swap. Also, I don't think we should bite off more than we can chew, as it wouldn't be hard IMO to have too many people show up. Gotta start small and build our way up

P

phi delt reefer

Poseidon link said:
One thing I think we shouldn't do is have all these pre sales like last fall swap. Kinda ruins the whole point of the swap. Also, I don't think we should bite off more than we can chew, as it wouldn't be hard IMO to have too many people show up. Gotta start small and build our way up

Pre sales make up the majority of everyone's sales and helps sellers determine what corals are in demand. Most people will be cutting up colonies from their display so whatever they hack up they want gone, not sitting around. Its always a good idea to pre sale AND bring extra frags for spontaneous sales.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I know when Rick had the fall one at his house everyone posted a whatcha bringing and it worked out well as there wasn't much coral not being taken home.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
True, but It would be a shame if new people came out and had hardly any selection because everything is Pre sold 

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Poseidon link said:
True, but It would be a shame if new people came out and had hardly any selection because everything is Pre sold

it would also be a shame for some to go all that way and not get what they were looking for.. how do you NOT pre sell stuff.. even if you say no pre sales.. people will be arranging "pre sales" in private regardless.. would it be better if it was first come first serve? then we could all trample each other like black friday sales in the states.

AdamS

I think the best solution is to do it in a managed way. So when everyone posts what they are bringing, I get first pick, Duke second, and then I will be gone so it can just be a free for all  ;D

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
AdamS link said:
I think the best solution is to do it in a managed way. So when everyone posts what they are bringing, I get first pick, Duke second, and then I will be gone so it can just be a free for all  ;D

i can live with that  ;)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
It would make more sense to bring a second of anything you pre-sell, if it's nice and not an oddball request.  That usually ups demand...seing that "sold" tag on a frag makes people want to buy it...law of supply and demand.  "Oh I've got another one right here!"  ;)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Big_Als_London link said:
Ok so You just had to pick my birthday as the date lol

Also the site looks good.  If you are firm with the sponser prices you can tentatively put me down for a gold sponser.

sounds good.  As long as I can finalize what I'm putting out for the hall and advertising I will know for sure, but I really can't see it going any higher than that to cover costs.  I'm still willing to take a hit on this if worse comes to worse.  I'd like to be able to hand a cheque over to the boys and girls club and help build goodwill, but it's not a necessity.

If 30 people come, at $5 at the door, and 5 gold sponsors, we're at $450, so not much of a loss to me for a fun day. Throw in a few bronze and we're cookin with bacon. 

Ideally if there was money for charity, I would try to get mention in either the free press or the smaller local paper, and of course I would do some public free announcements.  Goodwill is a fantastic thing, and it would be nice if someday we were holding it at the convention center and walk around all bigshotty, with tophats.  ;)