Spring Frag Swap - London

P

phi delt reefer

Salty Cracker link said:
GTA folks are of course going to be invited.  I don't have an AP account, there was always so much negative feedback about it that I never bothered.  I mean...they need to review people's posts before they allow them? Seriously?

Jerry's on the  :poop:LIST... thats why they review his posts :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
phi delt reefer link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4354.msg41721#msg41721 date=1361479287]
GTA folks are of course going to be invited.  I don't have an AP account, there was always so much negative feedback about it that I never bothered.  I mean...they need to review people's posts before they allow them? Seriously?

Jerry's on the  :poop:LIST... thats why they review his posts :)
[/quote]

Still... Jerry's a pretty easy going guy(!), hard to imagine he is on the watch list.  I don't think I'd last 5 minutes with the crap I post. 

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Salty Cracker link said:
yes. I am in AP. some reefer ask where he can buy bulk di resin.  In GTA. Everyone goes try the sponors. I post to go get some from royal aquariums as i just got 2 bags from there the past week.  And it wasnt showing up in the thread. So i get a email it was deleted. ...more likely cuz there not a sponsor

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Petercar link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4354.msg41721#msg41721 date=1361479287]
yes. I am in AP. some reefer ask where he can buy bulk di resin.  In GTA. Everyone goes try the sponors. I post to go get some from royal aquariums as i just got 2 bags from there the past week.  And it wasnt showing up in the thread. So i get a email it was deleted. ...more likely cuz there not a sponsor
[/quote]
Definitely the great thing about competition; There was nothing stopping Rick from making a competing forum (which probably got him a lifetime ban). It would be horrible if this site ever got like that, and if it did, someone could go and start another one, and another and another.  That said, there's nothing wrong with what they'e doing either, that's their thing I guess. 

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I will admit that I have an AP account and I will definitely post about the swap once details are a little more confirmed.....we definitely have to get the word out as much as we can.....I think a lot of hobbyists will be more than interested and I have never seen any postings about a swap of any kind on AP ever.....
Salty, you will just have to charge the AP and GTA vendors/stores/sponsors more money lol......give them a taste of their own! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Don't worry, I already have a few new ap accounts lined up.. What's one more ban.. Lol. Think it's ok to update my tank thread there as a different user? Lol

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Reef Hero link said:
I will admit that I have an AP account and I will definitely post about the swap once details are a little more confirmed.....we definitely have to get the word out as much as we can.....I think a lot of hobbyists will be more than interested and I have never seen any postings about a swap of any kind on AP ever.....
Salty, you will just have to charge the AP and GTA vendors/stores/sponsors more money lol......give them a taste of their own! :)

I wonder if they would just straight up send me a bill for the advertising that was done on their site. lol.

I shouldn't talk, I base all of my opinions off secondhand reports.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
If I posted the frag swap on AP and was banned then I don't want to be part of that forum anyways if that's the way it operates......they might as well just shut down the forum if they are going to act that way IMO. I did just do a group buy tho there.....missed the last one here.....
I honestly have not seen a thread i liked on AP, ever!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sunnykita

Super Active Member
what about advertising on kijiji? or would that be a no no? There's a fella up that way I've been negotiating with, that Heath bought her mh from that might have some ideas where to post ads, what about in some of the stores in the area? how about some of the aquarium clubs? none of this may be viable but I'm throwing it out there anyway

spyd

Super Active Member
If you posted a frag swap on AP, I guarantee it will be deleted within 5 minutes. Especially if thefragtank.ca was posted anywhere on the advertisement. I think the best bet is to actually contact AP sponsors - ORG, SUM, RR, NAFB, Aquatic Kingdom, etc and talk to them. See if they wouldn't mind putting up an ad on their doors. This way, you can also see if there is any interest from them on setting up a table. Also, you can let them know about thefragtank and tell them about how there is free advertising on the forum for stores. A lot of us all ready make the trip to TO for their corals and fish. I know, if I was a fish store, I would take full advantage of free advertising on a forum that has hundreds, if not thousands, of members.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Ya forsure... And we're all prob crazier than 10,000 normal saltwater enthusiasts :D

Any idea how many members we are actually at??

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Probably necessary to leave the fragtank.ca off any posts on AP, they likely will be deleted but who knows.

There definitely will be kijiji ads, oh and I supposed craiglist too, so that we can get that healthy supply of dumpster divers every swap so desparately needs "So you want $5 for that frag??  Would you take this old shoe for it??"  :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Haha you know what I just thought , what if the owner/monarch of AP sits at home at night and reads all our comments about his forum and cries him self to sleep?? :)

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Free advetising? Oh yeah, they'd be all over that like pigs in a mud puddle !

spyd link said:
If you posted a frag swap on AP, I guarantee it will be deleted within 5 minutes. Especially if thefragtank.ca was posted anywhere on the advertisement. I think the best bet is to actually contact AP sponsors - ORG, SUM, RR, NAFB, Aquatic Kingdom, etc and talk to them. See if they wouldn't mind putting up an ad on their doors. This way, you can also see if there is any interest from them on setting up a table. Also, you can let them know about thefragtank and tell them about how there is free advertising on the forum for stores. A lot of us all ready make the trip to TO for their corals and fish. I know, if I was a fish store, I would take full advantage of free advertising on a forum that has hundreds, if not thousands, of members.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Okay, hall is paid for.  June 1st, 12-4pm

The application form will be online this afternoon, payment with paypal.  First come first serve, I still have to figure out how many tables will fit, but it's a good sized hall.  Tons of parking, and yeah, extremely easy to find, about 3 minutes drive from the 402 and 5 minutes from the 401. 

We have the upper level, and free reign over the covered back area, they will run a BBQ for us, and the bar will be staffed and open, but we agreed that it will be run by the legion, so there will be a $$ for booze and food (and keeps it out of my realm of responsibility). 

It will be $5 to get in (included in a sponsor package).  I think we'll have some raffles too, that depends on the sponsors.  I have received a couple of offers, and they were good so I can't see why that won't happen. 

Everything else will be specified on the website, but feel free to put the word out, and PM with any questions.  Hopefully it will be a really fun time. :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Okay, the application page is up, just click under "Register".

I have to do invoices and send them out manually after registration, in case the hall is 'full' and I can't accept. 

So get the word out, and those that want in, now is the time.  I have to see if I can plan some sort of layout for the tables, the space is something like 60x40...bit but not humongous.  I'll likely have someone at the door do a hand stamp so that once you're in, you can head out for a smoke, a burger, a beer, etc and get back in easily. 

So sign up so that I can start a list of what will be available.  :)