SPS is continuing to die.

Does Glen enjoy smooth jazz and bubble baths?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
theyangman link said:
[quote author=Pistol link=topic=6891.msg69582#msg69582 date=1385224593]
would you put his corals in your tank?

Dude, don't worry about it. It is a useless topic, I wouldn't send my corals off to anyones tank just in case anyways.

No point in adding exposure to anyones system for no reason. Doesn't make any sense.
[/quote]i'm not worried, i'm not sure why darrylv chimed in, necrosis may not be a disease but it could be the result of a disease or contagion of some kind which could be carried with the coral from one tank to another.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Duke link said:
hows the clam doing?

Clam seems to be doing fine! I posted a photo not that long ago of new growth on him!

20131026_094157.jpg

reeffreak

Super Active Member
theyangman link said:
I have only purchased corals pretty much from locals and local businesses. No one has been experiencing wipe outs like my tank has or they have just been quiet about it.

Maybe you should read some more on the forum. You definetly are not the only one to experienced this, pretty positive Even in this thread others have said they have dealt with the same issues.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Duke link said:
i was going to write a nice big post on what i thought you should do.. but i didnt.

what I'm gettin from this is .... Theyangman has been givin advice by many experienced members, why suggest your input if no ones gunna listen.

Deal with the issue, don't put anything else in your tank. Don't buy any coral, don't add another huge tank to your existing system ( that won't help shit ), do your water changes, keep an eye on levels, keep them stable for the next 4-6 months, observe what it happening in the tank, once you find success with a few hardier sps then slowly buy the $$$ piece.

I feel like this topic has gone around in circles over and over again.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
If it's necrosis, it can't be stopped except for amputation, the only way to save whats left is to frag off the affected stuff and keep the healthy tissue, or just watch it die.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I think it could be summed up into... learn and be confident in your sps keeping ability (growing,colourful,thriving) before buying a whole bunch?  No matter what anyone says there is a learning curve and you dont want to go through that with a tank stocked with expensive SPS.  Keeping it real.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Pistol link said:
[quote author=theyangman link=topic=6891.msg69584#msg69584 date=1385224729]

Dude, don't worry about it. It is a useless topic, I wouldn't send my corals off to anyones tank just in case anyways.

No point in adding exposure to anyones system for no reason. Doesn't make any sense.
[/quote]i'm not worried, i'm not sure why darrylv chimed in, necrosis may not be a disease but it could be the result of a disease or contagion of some kind which could be carried with the coral from one tank to another.
[/quote]i can have my opinion and voice it just like you.  Like i said i dont believe rtn/stn is a disease that is contagious.  IMO its brought on by stress through the environment.  We can have differing opinions too....dont worry i wont call you an idoit.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
I think it could be summed up into... learn and be confident in your sps keeping ability (growing,colourful,thriving) before buying a whole bunch?  No matter what anyone says there is a learning curve and you dont want to go through that with a tank stocked with expensive SPS.  Keeping it real.

+1,

but the issue I'm finding here ... Taking the advice and using it. there should be no more need for questions on this topic, all has been laid out in 6 pages, invest your time in taking this advice and implementing it.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=Pistol link=topic=6891.msg69596#msg69596 date=1385225670]
[quote author=theyangman link=topic=6891.msg69584#msg69584 date=1385224729]

[/quote]i can have my opinion and voice it just like you.  Like i said i dont believe rtn/stn is a disease that is contagious.  IMO its brought on by stress through the environment.  We can have differing opinions too....dont worry i wont call you an idoit.
[/quote]no worries, i was trying to stress to people not to put that coral in their tanks and i hope you wouldn't advocate it either, there could be a disease or something contagious causing the stress in those animals.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
reeffreak link said:
+1,

but the issue I'm finding here ... Taking the advice and using it. there should be no more need for questions on this topic, all has been laid out in 6 pages, invest your time in taking this advice and implementing it.

More then in 8 pages here and several more pages through several threads...same advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.