SPS is continuing to die.

Does Glen enjoy smooth jazz and bubble baths?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewel

As far as I can see, This guy doesn't care what you say, He just wants to be the center of attention. Why are you wasting your great advice on this topic, 8 pages of help for some one who thinks you can just spend money on any Coral and put it in water. Look at how many fish are in that tank? I think his tank will be FOWLR and dead Coral. That's it I've had my say and that's my opinion. Done with this.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Jewel link said:
As far as I can see, This guy doesn't care what you say, He just wants to be the center of attention. Why are you wasting your great advice on this topic, 8 pages of help for some one who thinks you can just spend money on any Coral and put it in water. Look at how many fish are in that tank? I think his tank will be FOWLR and dead Coral. That's it I've had my say and that's my opinion. Done with this.

I haven't said anything in the last two pages, and before that I was merely answering questions. I've heeded all advice and stopped adding lots of new corals. I have added a hardy green slimer as per the advice of someone earlier and I have stopped my doser. I don't get where all your anger comes from Jewels. Clam down. Listen to this song maybe it will soothe your nerves a little:

[youtube]0wBDDAZkNtk[/youtube]

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I have over 20 fish in a system that is like 100 gallons. Fish doesn't have anything to do with it IMO unless they are dieing and not being cleaned up.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Duke link said:
I have like 20 fish in my 90

lol smaller fish i hope 0_o

haha, fish size always matters as well eh?
having 2 tangs would prob equal to 4 anthias or 8 damsels (not actual, accurate calculations)

but either way, what jerry said ^ :)

AdamS

Tony, our tanks are the same age, and we have roughly the same problems. I am confident they are all witholding secrets from us...

Seriously tho, I really agree with some of the more experianced guys here. The problem likely stems from something we did, or something we are doing. The only cure known to date is stability and time. Ask ReefHero how many corals he has that sat for 6 months doing nothing before taking off, one small slipup in those 6 months and sure as hell they would RTN, but experianced guys with stable tanks make it through.

Like every hobby, this one requires experiance, unfortunaty the experiances in this hobby are like volcanoes, long waits and big eruptions.

Stick with it

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Jewel link said:
Lets ask Darryl, How many fish does he have in his 200 GL SPS dominated Tank?

Dude Darryl doesn't set the golden rules to abide by in the reef aquarium world. he knows his shit, obviously, but why are you referring to Darryl's system about amounts of fish. No offence to you darrylv. But if you have a skimmer that's can handle the bio load and your not crazy with the types of fish yor adding you'll be fine.

Look at some YouTube reef aquarium  videos, some thanks have so many anthias in them, you probably couldn't even count all the fish that are in the systems.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Jewel link said:

Dude Darryl doesn't set the golden rules to abide by in the reef aquarium world. he knows his shit, obviously, but why are you referring to Darryl's system about amounts of fish. No offence to you darrylv. But if you have a skimmer that's can handle the bio load and your not crazy with the types of fish yor adding you'll be fine.

Look at some YouTube reef aquarium  videos, some thanks have so many anthias in them, you probably couldn't even count all the fish that are in the systems.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
reeffreak link said:
[quote author=Jewel link=topic=6891.msg69732#msg69732 date=1385275324]

[/quote]I definitely dont set the rules.  There are so many variables and different ways to do things if I said something couldnt be done someone would show me a tank were it was.  Best we can do is recommend what our personal experience has shown us to work best.

As far as how many fish....hard to say.  It depends on the nutrient processing ability of the tank and also how big the fish are.  Some of the nicest tanks I have seen have had quite a few fish though.....

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Some of the nicest tanks I have seen have had quite a few fish though.....
I was just thinking this too as I was reading through the above posts.  High input high export = good for corals.  As long as you can keep the nutrient levels in line it's all good.

monizb

Super Active Member
The more u do to the tank the more it go down hill I have learned so much in the past and continue learning every day from reading or talking to other members maybe get out of sps and go lps and go from there I have a mix of both but more sps and still great color  I hope the best for u

Jewel

So you're saying that if you have a Big Ass skimmer you can keep as many fish as you want, That's a load of Crap. I think the less fish then the more stable the tank. And the better the over all tank. After all it's a Coral tank not a Fish tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.