SPS is continuing to die.

Does Glen enjoy smooth jazz and bubble baths?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
K this thread has gotten so far off topic that even the fragtank admin has to say something .

Lol ;)

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Jewel link said:
So you're saying that if you have a Big Ass skimmer you can keep as many fish as you want, That's a load of Crap. I think the less fish then the more stable the tank. And the better the over all tank. After all it's a Coral tank not a Fish tank.
Honestly if you have good husbandry and filtration I think the fish will get cramped before the water quality gets compromised.  Also more fish can be good for the corals as you feed the fish you are also feeding the whole tank, including the corals.  So like someone mentioned and what I have said before, high import of good quality foods and high export of organic waste (skimmer) and nutrients (NO3, PO4) is actually good for the tank as whole.   

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Wow ! Way off topic, some great comments, thanks for sharing those, some comments could be deleted. This isn't the usual type of conversation seen on this forum nor the full out attacks, just my take on it guys. I think it's run it's course - nuff said !

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Jewel link said:
What? Full out attacks, Who did that?

Hey Tony, I think we all know this is not so much about your tank husbandry as it is about your lifestyle....

Mess around in your tank all you want (we all do it).  Just make sure you are thorough about rinsing all of the Astroglide off your hands first.  LOL. :)

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Tonys life partner.

1266432d1383128113-can-i-use-vaseline-lube-stiff-skx007-bezel-gasket-astroglide.jpg

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I'm not even going to say what my stock list is in my 75.....
But on the plus side I finally got some fish that will eat that darn Caulerpa.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spyd

Super Active Member
I would say I have a heavily stocked 180G aquarium. I have 5 Tangs, 1 Foxface, 1 massive Harlequin Tuskfish, 1 Flame Angel, 3 Wrasse, 9 Blue Streak Cardinals, 5 Anthias and 2 Clowns. But, I run pellets, GFO, carbon and have a quality skimmer, along with a solid maintenance schedule. I do see traces of phosphates sometimes but never have any algae outbreaks and my corals are looking great. My fish hardly fight at all. I never see any war wounds on any of them.

I would love to catch all my Blue Streak Cardinals and get them out of there though. They bore me now and wouldn't mind a little bioload relief as I think I am maxed out. My fish are all super healthy though and I use quality foods, rinse my mysis and only feed once a day. Bottom line is you have to find what works for your tank and stick to your maintenance routine. The more you add / remove and mess with your tank, the worse it will get. Stability is key.

Jewel

That's right, They can say what ever they want, what ever works for your tank, more fish, bigger skimmer, low bioload, No skimmer, no sump, Ditto or what ever.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
spyd link said:
I would say I have a heavily stocked 180G aquarium. I have 5 Tangs, 1 Foxface, 1 massive Harlequin Tuskfish, 1 Flame Angel, 3 Wrasse, 9 Blue Streak Cardinals, 5 Anthias and 2 Clowns. But, I run pellets, GFO, carbon and have a quality skimmer, along with a solid maintenance schedule. I do see traces of phosphates sometimes but never have any algae outbreaks and my corals are looking great. My fish hardly fight at all. I never see any war wounds on any of them.

I would love to catch all my Blue Streak Cardinals and get them out of there though. They bore me now and wouldn't mind a little bioload relief as I think I am maxed out. My fish are all super healthy though and I use quality foods, rinse my mysis and only feed once a day. Bottom line is you have to find what works for your tank and stick to your maintenance routine. The more you add / remove and mess with your tank, the worse it will get. Stability is key.

I will take a trio of bs cardinals if ya catch them lol.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
This thread is a blast. It was initially more of a venting thread. As I figured all of my sps would take a dive after the third week, but many of you have jumped along for 10+ pages of fun. Insinuating that I'm not heeding advice, that I have too many fish, and even that I engage in a homosexual lifestyle. Quite funny how far this thread has denigrated from its original purpose. I've stayed out of it for the past few pages as much as possible to see exactly how far this would actually go. Lol

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
theyangman link said:
This thread is a blast. It was initially more of a venting thread. As I figured all of my sps would take a dive after the third week, but many of you have jumped along for 10+ pages of fun. Insinuating that I'm not heeding advice, that I have too many fish, and even that I engage in a homosexual lifestyle. Quite funny how far this thread has denigrated from its original purpose. I've stayed out of it for the past few pages as much as possible to see exactly how far this would actually go. Lol

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

But you just couldn't sit back and watch the fun, so just hop back into the discussion.

Oh wait what were we talking about?

reeffreak

Super Active Member
In no way were any of my comments "an attack", I wouldn't even bother wasting my time posting on this thread if I was out to satisfy my own agenda. Doesn't make sense. My comment were strictly for you to gain some insight, that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.