The Nexus Reef

nexusnight

New thread for my build since the setup is coming off the drawing board to life now.

Tank is 150 gallons peninsula style on a custom stand
Running with a coast to coast internal overflow and painted the bottom glass white. Going to be a bare bottom tank this round.
New custom sump is being built by Sealife central
Going to run a jebao dc 12000 return and two RW 20 wave makers
Picked up my reef octo Sro 3000int skimmer last night. This skimmer is a beast :) stay tuned for the unboxing video and review once it's up and running.
Tank will be plumbed bean animal overflow and return lines done in tiger flex PVC
Brs reactors and dosing pumps
Full apex controlling everything
Ati 8 bulb 60" lighting the reef
Two new aqueon 200 w shatterproof heaters. These look real nice and have now breakable parts exposed to the water.
Stay tuned and watch the nexus reef grow!!
azybadaz.jpg
hataje8y.jpg
hyna7e3a.jpg
ymuvahas.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nexusnight

thanks everyone, slow and steady wins the race right? im going to do lps/softie tank for now, maybe venture to sps eventually. I had some bad luck in the tank with sps soo, we will see.
here is the first video i put together. its the reef octo sro3000int unboxing. this skimmer looks awesome and is super easy to assemble and disassemble. check it out. its short and sweet. stay tuned for more vids and pics, they will get better, i promise
you can watch in HD:)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
The bubble blaster pumps are very quite. I run the 5000 as my return at the moment.

nexusnight

Thanks all for checking hinges out here. I haven't run the skimmer yet as I'm waiting on the sump to be finished up. I picked up the overflow on the weekend though. Looks real nice with Cnc cut teeth and I went for a matching lid. Will post pics this afternoon

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Are you going over the top with returns or is there holes drilled. Sorry if I missed this