The Walking Dead - season 4

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Duke link said:
yes as much as i love this show it tends to get that way, season 2 at the farm.. i got bored.. it was about time they stopped looking for sophie.. same thing with this season so far, the prison was boring, they need to go back on the road and have the episodes have like mini storylines with a start and a finish each episode, like when they stumbled upon the dude from ricks past that he ended up having to kill.. or when rick and carol found those 2 randoms a few episodes ago. im interested to see whats next for sure tho. if it was me i'd be heading to the coast, commandeering a nice big 60ish foot offshore yacht and cruising the tropics, life on a boat like this would be the bomb.. go to a marina and fill up with fuel.. grab supplies every couple months and rest easy at night knowing no zombies can get you on the boat. all while basking in the sun with all the luxury amenities that no one has anymore.. hot water, hydro, electricity, etc etc.

ya boat would def be the safest place,

im curious as to if their is any cities/governments still surviving, like in falling skies

theyangman

Distinguished Member
There is no main arc to the story in the season anymore. It is just basic survival. It has gotten stale.

It was great in Season 1 where they were on a mission to get to the lab, with some sort of hope of survival or a cure that there was a point to the story. There was a goal in mind.

Now it is just day to day living, and its boring as fawk. Every few episodes something happens but it all rotates around the prison.

Now with the team split up and people in shambles, it will be interesting to see them tie all these loose ends together when the show starts back up.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
theyangman link said:
There is no main arc to the story in the season anymore. It is just basic survival. It has gotten stale.

It was great in Season 1 where they were on a mission to get to the lab, with some sort of hope of survival or a cure that there was a point to the story. There was a goal in mind.

Now it is just day to day living, and its boring as fawk. Every few episodes something happens but it all rotates around the prison.

Now with the team split up and people in shambles, it will be interesting to see them tie all these loose ends together when the show starts back up.

ya hopefully the dont bomb it now, they do have an opportunity to turn it around and make it interesting again

theyangman

Distinguished Member
exactly. With everyone splintered it could make for a VERY interesting back half of the season, and a great cliff hanger for the finale.

Or they could shit the bed, and make it super gay.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
theyangman link said:
exactly. With everyone splintered it could make for a VERY interesting back half of the season, and a great cliff hanger for the finale.

Or they could shit the bed, and make it super gay.

have you ever watched falling skies?

similar world ended plot  (aliens instead of zombies), group of survivors running around... surviving...
very interesting actually.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
This whole governor comeback made me lose interest in this show mighty quick.

How about Sons of Anarchy, now that's a tv show to watch.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=6546.msg71886#msg71886 date=1386359566]
yes as much as i love this show it tends to get that way, season 2 at the farm.. i got bored.. it was about time they stopped looking for sophie.. same thing with this season so far, the prison was boring, they need to go back on the road and have the episodes have like mini storylines with a start and a finish each episode, like when they stumbled upon the dude from ricks past that he ended up having to kill.. or when rick and carol found those 2 randoms a few episodes ago. im interested to see whats next for sure tho. if it was me i'd be heading to the coast, commandeering a nice big 60ish foot offshore yacht and cruising the tropics, life on a boat like this would be the bomb.. go to a marina and fill up with fuel.. grab supplies every couple months and rest easy at night knowing no zombies can get you on the boat. all while basking in the sun with all the luxury amenities that no one has anymore.. hot water, hydro, electricity, etc etc.

ya boat would def be the safest place,

im curious as to if their is any cities/governments still surviving, like in falling skies
[/quote]Screw the yacht though.  You know how many cruise ships are out there.......that would be sweet.  It would totally change the show and turn it into Jersey shore though...hahah

theyangman

Distinguished Member
harleymike link said:
Just starting watching. Wife and I are watching season 1 tonight. Trying to catch up

Plenty of time to catch up. It won't be back till February now. They are on mid season hiatus.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
theyangman link said:
[quote author=harleymike link=topic=6546.msg71966#msg71966 date=1386384198]
Just starting watching. Wife and I are watching season 1 tonight. Trying to catch up

Plenty of time to catch up. It won't be back till February now. They are on mid season hiatus.
[/quote]

Yea I find it kind of annoying , a lot of shows are doing this lately, or have they always been?

theyangman

Distinguished Member
A lot of shows do it lately. It creates more buzz cause they have another hufe cliff hanger and then another mini premiere all in the same season so as long as they do it right the ratings can shoot upwards.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
2 new episodes now, i like where the show is going, while slow, the danger factor of them not being at the prison and back on the road makes it good. i took it upon myself to read all 122 editions of the comic and it was also great, this is the first comic series i've ever read and i enjoyed it, it also kind of spoils the show because i know whats going to happen already give or take..

theyangman

Distinguished Member
It will be interesting to see where the show goes. Nice character resurrection with Carol. The baby I could is useless. The big hulking black guy with two little girls is kinda funny.

This flashback/multiple arcs is kind of a neat angle. Almost like the movie Crash. Several different perspectives and how they will all intertwine with one another. Darryl and Carol will be meeting in an episode or two I'd bet, and to get Glen and Maggie back together too. Perhaps there is something to that safe haven, Terminus.

Time will tell.

---------------------

Side note, anyone plow through the new season of House of Cards on Netflix yet? Damn... It is gooooood. I wish there was more!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
shittttt... right awesome finale... theres something to the fact that carol and tyrese didnt get caught at terminus! cant wait for the next season :D

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Poseidon link said:
shittttt... right awesome finale... theres something to the fact that carol and tyrese didnt get caught at terminus! cant wait for the next season :D

Spoiler:

And Beth is still out there somewhere. Daryl taught her how to track and hunt. Maybe the 3(4 with the baby) will join up. Plus there has to be a twist, those shooters should have hit at least one person. Plus the gun fire led them to the train car, just look at the firing hits again, meaning they wanted them to stay alive.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Torx link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=6546.msg88085#msg88085 date=1396320654]

Spoiler:

And Beth is still out there somewhere. Daryl taught her how to track and hunt. Maybe the 3(4 with the baby) will join up. Plus there has to be a twist, those shooters should have hit at least one person. Plus the gun fire led them to the train car, just look at the firing hits again, meaning they wanted them to stay alive.
[/quote]

Oh yea for sure, but they ran past like a room of satanic shit, and another crate full of ppl yelling for then to let them out- ( watch it again)- and they also ran past a room of freshly butchered bodies that looked very human...  Very intriguing :)

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I actually didn't know that was the finale and thought it was pretty weak.

The show has gotten worse and worse IMO but I can't stop watching. I guess I feel like I have so much time invested I want to keep following but it's gotten cheap and the writing sucks.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Torx link=topic=6546.msg88097#msg88097 date=1396353062]

Spoiler:

[/quote]

Oh yea for sure, but they ran past like a room of satanic shit, and another crate full of ppl yelling for then to let them out- ( watch it again)- and they also ran past a room of freshly butchered bodies that looked very human...  Very intriguing :)

[/quote]and a lot of emphasis on the bbq. My vote is cannibalism.  A bad plot but I wouldn't be surprised.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=6546.msg88098#msg88098 date=1396354599]

[quote author=Torx link=topic=6546.msg88097#msg88097 date=1396353062]

Spoiler:

[/quote]

[/quote]and a lot of emphasis on the bbq. My vote is cannibalism.  A bad plot but I wouldn't be surprised.
[/quote]

Yea I didn't wanna say it but I was thinking it.... We'll see, there's a lot of mystery going on .... But they had a lot BBQ food, your right, and I didn't didn't see any livestock pens anywhere....
Blah

jroovers

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
The show has gotten worse and worse IMO but I can't stop watching. I guess I feel like I have so much time invested I want to keep following but it's gotten cheap and the writing sucks.

I would disagree with you Darryl, I think the writing is actually pretty good, moreso the episode where Carol blows away the sociopathic girl who murdered her sister, and the finale.  The second half of the season did drag a bit though.  They certainly aren't afraid to go places other cable shows wouldn't with children killing children, and now adults killing children, and a man threatening to abuse a minor (i.e. Carl).  I thought they did a good job of bringing back Herschel through flashbacks and showing what an influence he was on Rick and how he tried to show him a different way of life.  That contrasted with the group being back on the run and Rick having to do what he did to keep everyone alive (i.e. ripping a guy's throat out with his teeth).  I think they have set the stage for rampage Rick at the start of the next season.  Definitely a camp of cannibals, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Beth is/was on the menu.