The Walking Dead - season 4

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
jroovers link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=6546.msg88099#msg88099 date=1396355363]
The show has gotten worse and worse IMO but I can't stop watching. I guess I feel like I have so much time invested I want to keep following but it's gotten cheap and the writing sucks.

I would disagree with you Darryl, I think the writing is actually pretty good, moreso the episode where Carol blows away the sociopathic girl who murdered her sister, and the finale.  The second half of the season did drag a bit though.  They certainly aren't afraid to go places other cable shows wouldn't with children killing children, and now adults killing children, and a man threatening to abuse a minor (i.e. Carl).  I thought they did a good job of bringing back Herschel through flashbacks and showing what an influence he was on Rick and how he tried to show him a different way of life.  That contrasted with the group being back on the run and Rick having to do what he did to keep everyone alive (i.e. ripping a guy's throat out with his teeth).  I think they have set the stage for rampage Rick at the start of the next season.  Definitely a camp of cannibals, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Beth is/was on the menu. 
[/quote]The Carol eposide was pretty good.  But the show just seems so rediculously unbelievable and cheap.  I mean men with freshly shaven faces everyday, women who look hot with make up,  lawns cut and zombies that walk like a 90yr old man.  How is that threatening.  I mean when I see a group of 6 walkers taking down a grown ass dude I think, just run man.  They can't run and they can't climb and they are slow as molasses.  Hardly a threat at this point.  I like zombie movies but make some effort in making it believable. 

Bad writing like how the zombies had bloody eyes and carried a crazy virus/bacteria (what ever it was).  That was kinda cool but once they give a few people some medicine the whole thing goes away.  Did they heal the zombies too.  No other factions of humans are getting it, just the people at the prision. 

Also did you see the people at terminus.  They hardly look the part of crazy cannibals.  Trust me it would be pretty difficult to get that many people to agree to eat fellow humans, especially when the plant and animal life hasnt been affected.  That is rediculous. 

I think maybe the problem is there is only so much you can do with a zombie plot. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=jroovers link=topic=6546.msg88109#msg88109 date=1396358947]
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=6546.msg88099#msg88099 date=1396355363]
The show has gotten worse and worse IMO but I can't stop watching. I guess I feel like I have so much time invested I want to keep following but it's gotten cheap and the writing sucks.

I would disagree with you Darryl, I think the writing is actually pretty good, moreso the episode where Carol blows away the sociopathic girl who murdered her sister, and the finale.  The second half of the season did drag a bit though.  They certainly aren't afraid to go places other cable shows wouldn't with children killing children, and now adults killing children, and a man threatening to abuse a minor (i.e. Carl).  I thought they did a good job of bringing back Herschel through flashbacks and showing what an influence he was on Rick and how he tried to show him a different way of life.  That contrasted with the group being back on the run and Rick having to do what he did to keep everyone alive (i.e. ripping a guy's throat out with his teeth).  I think they have set the stage for rampage Rick at the start of the next season.  Definitely a camp of cannibals, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Beth is/was on the menu. 
[/quote]The Carol eposide was pretty good.  But the show just seems so rediculously unbelievable and cheap.  I mean men with freshly shaven faces everyday, women who look hot with make up,  lawns cut and zombies that walk like a 90yr old man.  How is that threatening.  I mean when I see a group of 6 walkers taking down a grown ass dude I think, just run man.  They can't run and they can't climb and they are slow as molasses.  Hardly a threat at this point.  I like zombie movies but make some effort in making it believable. 

Bad writing like how the zombies had bloody eyes and carried a crazy virus/bacteria (what ever it was).  That was kinda cool but once they give a few people some medicine the whole thing goes away.  Did they heal the zombies too.  No other factions of humans are getting it, just the people at the prision. 

Also did you see the people at terminus.  They hardly look the part of crazy cannibals.  Trust me it would be pretty difficult to get that many people to agree to eat fellow humans, especially when the plant and animal life hasnt been affected.  That is rediculous. 

I think maybe the problem is there is only so much you can do with a zombie plot. 
[/quote]

i think its turning into more of a post-apocalyptic shot then a zombie show... which i dont mind, a survival shows are awesome--- (falling skies) :)

and your right... like damn, was it 2 episodes ago that maggie had a sign and was using it as a battle axe??
thats wicked awesome, but shit, give me a sword and/or a battle axe  and ill tear shit up.... id take on a group of 100 of these zombies lol...

and it shows michione (or however you spell it) tired after beheading 4 zomibes, like common.... ancient warriors used to swing heavy swords (30lbs +) for days fighting....

jroovers

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:

Yes, it is a show about zombies lol, the whole concept is ridiculous, that is why I never watched it from the start, but I got sucked in.  The show is more about the people and their character changes.  And its TV, what show doesn't have people with perfectly made up hair, sex appeal etc... I know every time I've gone to the ER here in London it is exactly like it is on every medical show on air, when I've been in court it is exactly like it is on law and order, and I'm sure the Las Vegas crime lab is a mirror image of CSI.  ;D

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
A bit of a u turn but did you guys watch true detective? That's was good. 

Also can't wait for game of thrones and even boardwalk empire to come back. HBO kills AMC.

Oh anyone watching vikings from the history channel. It's pretty good.  That's pretty much all the shows I watch right there

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Darryl_V link said:

Also can't wait for game of thrones and even boardwalk empire to come back. HBO kills AMC.

Oh anyone watching vikings from the history channel. It's pretty good.  That's pretty much all the shows I watch right there

game of thrones this week :D
very exciting show.. and vikings is good, lots of twists and turns.... i wonder if they'll move to the 'west' hmmmmm

jroovers

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:

I would agree with you that HBO kills AMC but a premium price is being paid there, unless you get your shows from other sources.  True Detective was ok, but it jumped around too much for my liking.  The acting was fantastic.  Based on a true story apparently.  One of the best shows I've seen recently that is really good for network TV especially is Hannibal.