To New Beginnings :)

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Marz link said:
I did a search for rare Zoa's, but they didn't seem to be all that rare. Any suggestions?

There are many common zoas, but like with anything there are special "collector" colour morphs.  I'm not that big into zoas so I can't help you with any name suggestions :p but I know there are lots of folks on here who like to collect them.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Marz link said:
I did a search for rare Zoa's, but they didn't seem to be all that rare. Any suggestions?

There are too many to list. Rare ones are less rare now as there has been a recent explosion in interest in them. Gobstoppers as example were hard to come across a year ago... now I have tons and frags to spare. Candy Apples are pretty popular ATM.

Marz

Well, I have decided to just look at pictures and select based on what I like. I found some radioactive dragons eyes that I am hoping to get as well as a couple of others.

Bfofre

Slow....  Meh.. 

Don't let the masses fool ya.  Start stocking the coral!  It's low risk!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Marz

I am picking up a few this week and am very excited! AND the Zoa that I thought was growing 1 new polyp, is actually growing 2.
And since I have said this in another thread "pics or it didn't happen" I will of course post 'em when I get 'em :)

benzzz

Come on start packing that thing with corals then you get your children to ask mommy for a bigger tank so their corals don't die  ::)

Bfofre

Jewel link said:
Just take your time and enjoy, Theres no hurry.It will be full soon enough.

Voice of reason....  Me no likey!!

Do whatever makes you happy... don't listen to all the "Rules" you'll figure it out as you go, make mistakes, learn recovery, lose money, upgrade soon....

I'm on my 3rd go round  :)

Marz

So....had a great day!! Was going to pick up radioactive dragons eyes cause they look excellent and ended up with Cheerios and ppeaters as well :) will figure out where everything goes in the weekend but for now they seem like they are ok with there new home. Got them from a great guy too.

Marz

Yeah Jason. I could have stayed and talked all day. The forums have great helpful people, but nothing like standing in front of a tank in RL and being able to ask questions.i know pics or it didn't happen :)

Marz

Thought I would give a better update. Usually Sat or Sunday is the family fish tank cleaning day. My daughters Betta and the family SW tank.

So here are some pictures of our two little guys (I think one is a female) as she bosses the little guy around. They are mostly together, but when they fight, they will select opposite corners then they are back together again. Thanks to everyone for suggesting the NLS pellets, our 2 clowns have started to show much better color then when we first got them. Although the pellets are a little big, I grind them down for now and they eat well. I also have cylopeez that they love (and have even spot fed our first frags - the pink zoa and the ric). The pink zoa has 2 new polyps that are growing and I will be moving the frag up to the middle of the tank. I also picked up a few frags as I mentioned in a previous post. Today along with the water change added the IM Custom Caddy as the elastic bands holding the 2 standard ones was causing me some grief during WCs.

I am hoping within the next couple of weeks to actually get the QT tank up, get (maybe) a couple more frags and a new fish. The trochus have been doing a great job and am waiting to get Nassarius. I was suppose to be in London today and meet up with Unibob, but other than myself the whole family is sick and I have been nurse/maid pretty much the entire weekend.

There is a bit of coraline growing in the back corners of the tank...at least I think it's coraline. The IM Skimmate seems to be dialed in now, but in all honesty, I am not really sure.

I hope you enjoy the pics BUT I do not have the talent that most on here have for taking pictures (yet maybe :))

The female (we think) - seems to be fully recovered from whatever she had. And of course ensures that she gets first dibs on the food :) Whenever I am close to the tank she is in my face.
May2Ourbiggergirl_zps05caee28.jpg

The little guy - patient with her, and let's her have the limelight...for a few seconds anyway, then they do this little dance, and hang-out for the rest of the night.
May2ourlittleguy_zps87bdb0f5.jpg

This was our first purchase at the London Fragfest. I was unsure as to what to expect, but I have to say that over time, this has become a lovely coral. The polyps are considerably bigger than the others. We have already selected a spot and I just picked up epoxy. This one will be moved now that I know what type and where to get snips for the plug - great help on this site as always!
May2firstzoafragfest_zps6ca3d883.jpg

Our second (and last) purchase at the London Fragfest. My wife was with me and thought we should start out with only a few. I was in complete agreement :) I actually really like the looks of Rics, but I believe that it is full grown (about 1" in diameter). I have tried and will continue to spot feed the little sucker.
May2Ric_zpsa8911095.jpg

RDE - the polyps are tiny, but this will look really cool if it grows out - we have already selected a spot for this one.
May2RDE_zps58c3f7d9.jpg

PPE - looks great with the actnics.
May2PPE_zpsfe22ff6c.jpg

I don't really get all the names...not sure if this is in fact a cheerios? Much like art, I buy what I like regardless of lineage, popularity, etc. Very small polyps, but I think it will come into it's own.
May2Cheerios_zpsf430fd66.jpg

And this is the garden in is entirety, until I move a few things :) I don't like being in the tank often, so when I do WCs next week, I will move a few of the frags to where I would like see them stay - this will be big for me as I am worried that they won't do as well as they are currently (know on wood).
May2FragGarden_zpscf6e87a9.jpg

Jewel

The Ricordia is as you say full grown but what they do is multiply just like the Zoas. I'm a big fan of the recordia. Theres the Florida Recordea which will multiply very fast and can take over a large area of the tank, Theres also a Yuma Recordea that is a slower grower and in my opinion much brighter but as the other can multiply and if left can take over as well, My advice to you would be to have a Rock situated away from the other Rock structure and place the Recordea on it.