Darryl_V's 200G SPS reef......

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I finally figured out how to take a decent actinic shot.....

actinic.JPG

still doesnt quite capture it but better than I have ever been able to do in the past attempts.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
to tell you the truth Tyler it required post editing.  I used window photo gallery to adjust the color balance and tint.  The colour balance took some blue out and the tint took some green out.  It's been the closest I've been able to do to real life.

mark0933

Darryl_V link said:
He's a member here  http://www.thefragtank.ca/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1364

Nice guy......used to be active in MACL when it was around.  Im sure if you sent him a pm and ask nice he wouldn't mind showing it off to a few reef heads....

Thanks Darryl, your tank is just as nice if not nicer than mine, but as the kids grow up and get busier, time gets less and less and focus shifts.  Anyone who wants to see my tank just has to ask and come visit.

Mark

davesolo29

Super Active Member
if i start calling you "Darren" can i get hooked up with a bunch of spectacular frags as well???  ( once my new tank is established of course )... lmao

B

Bill@IA

spyd link said:
Awesome shot Darren!!! Looks amazing as always. That Setosa is SPECTACULAR!!!!!! Especially ounder actinics!!!!!

Darryl_V link said:
You slipped up on the name but Im sure you know it by now.  Thanks for the comment Derek.

I remember when I use to drink before noon.  :?

;)

spyd

Super Active Member
:? Sorry Darryl!!! I fixed that reply  :) I would have loved to blame it on drinking but posting at 9:30am is not something I could admit to... Especially while I was at work. lol. Congrats on your R2R feature as well!! Well deserved.

Darryl_V link said:
You slipped up on the name but Im sure you know it by now.  Thanks for the comment Derek.

My tank is being featured on R2R this month!  Check it out....

swannyson7-albums-darryl_v-s-spotlight-2-picture30425-reefspot.jpg

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-aquarium-spotlight/88012-reef-spotlight-june-2012-a.html

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Thanks everyone....

Derek...no worries man.  My own mother cant even get my name right sometimes......me thinks she had too many kids..haha.  I have 3 brothers but I swear she just works down the list of names sometimes till she gets the right one....not so bad now that we are older but back in the day it was funny.

Here's some new eye candy.....its in the TOTM article but if you dont want to venture off here's some.  Also these are higher res I believe.

Dave's (250g) wicked bonsai
PA044122.jpg

ORA pearlberry
PA044149.jpg

Red Convexa
P5285591.jpg

Captain America paly
P5285589.jpg

Purple Monster
P5285588.jpg

spyd

Super Active Member
Very nice shots!! I am super jealous of your tank. Every shot looks amazing!

About the names... Tell me about it. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. To make matters worse, my mom used all "D" names for the boys! Donovan, Devin and Derek... To this day my mom still calls me Devin or runs down the list until she gets it right!  :D I always joke around with her telling her she must have only had the "D" section of the boys baby name book.