44g Sps Dominant Beginning

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Another new addition to the tank, but the gold stripe maroon I also got doesnt like his original Nem and went straight for my rose tip, little bugger
image.jpg

Hong

Nice pic. Usually those more expensive corals tend to grow slower. I've noticed that some coral when frag likes to get wide before growing up. Maybe momentum or critical mass, Millepora are like that. I have one that encrusted, and pretty much stayed the same size for a year. Where other I get good growth immediately.

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Well the tank is officially 1 yr old as of last night, I think I must be doing something right even if its not testing my water:0. Yes you heard me right, I've never tested other than during setup and yes my tank is mainly SPS, and NO I dont recommend my insanity for not testing,say what you want, an say what you will:), I don't mind:],this is just how I roll,3 weekly heavy feedings frozen-fresh-flake with tons of reef roids, along with Kent's coralvite and TLF Acropower daily, 5-7g weekly water changes, I haven't seen any better colours in person with using the insanity/cheap KISS method, not to toot my horn YET!!:) hehe and yes @Salty Cracker is going to ring me a new one for not testing and not using GFO;),and yes yes 2 yrs, or more for a long term healthy tank, I know, red slime, crash, bigger crash, etc, but we will see when I prove everyone wrong;)lol:0. although I have no clue what my parameters are, my SPS are like rocks when cutting and polyps extension is amazing, no bad rock algeas, bryopsis is gone!!!, been 2 months now being bryopsis free(knock on wood), I'll get some current pics of the tank tonight. Let me know what you think good or bad, I can take it

Thx Sean

Hong

Hey, I'm rooting for you buddy!! Push the normal, like ScubaSteve with no water changes...
Your weekly water changes should keep the parameters in check, consistency and stability are key.

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Hey everyone :). Sorry for the delay been a bit of rough last few days, going through a bit of a family emergency right now, but I was able to get some shots last night after getting back from the hospital, some are to blue some are to white, didn't have time to dial the shots in, but close enough:), also having a bit of a problem with a wandering Nem so a few of my SPS are badly burnt(front centre) :( or I've pulled them off the rock work, I've got some front tanks shots, close ups, top downs and progressions, hope everyone enjoys

Thx Sean
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sept.6
image.jpg
Nov.23

Aug.19
image.jpg
Nov.23
image.jpg

Nick James

That blue tort(?) hasn't encrusted much, just growing vertical?

Pics look good! I want to add a small BTA to my 220. Hoping if I put him in first he will find a spot and stay there!

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
That blue tort(?) hasn't encrusted much, just growing vertical?

Pics look good! I want to add a small BTA to my 220. Hoping if I put him in first he will find a spot and stay there!

Yep Cali blue Tort, it basically encrusted over the edge and has only gotten fatter an fatter ever since

Last edited:

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Well,,,,, a little post Jamaica tank update, trip was great, still haven't added my last days photos to that thread yet, got sick this last week with the boy, just feeling better then the wife gets it,so been busy on dad petrol last few day(s)

Had the father look after the tank while I was gone, literally didn't have to do a thing (thank you reefkeeper lite), -other than fill the Ro. Bucket back up wednesday before I got back and add a few drops of "magic coral juice" in his words-( AcroPower), lmao
Corals looked good when I got back, fish as well, fed them by hand with some homegrown frozen,

Finally got a chance tonight before whites turned off to get a few pics
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited: